"No Evil Escapes The Manhunters"

Hal wakes up slowly, his eyes weary, his body chained to a floating red table. As he slowly regains consciousness, Hal He also vaguely takes note of the symbols labeling the different rooms he passed by, one of them being a torture room. Sinestro was sent there, probably to be interrogated. As for their rings, Hal saw as they were locked up in some secure vault with a red variant of the Green Lantern logo on top. The last thing Hal saw before blacking out once more was about three to five armored Red Lantern guards being stationed at the door.

After hours, Hal finally woke up.

He was chained and gagged in what looked like a throne room. The room was dark and humid. The only light source was a glowing red dot in the distance.

Hal saw it right at the corner of his eye. Slowly, that red dot got closer and closer to him. That's when he realized in that short moment that the red dot was a ring. As it got closer the light emitting from the ring got brighter. Soon Hal could see its wielder, Atrocitus himself, grimacing at him.

Atrocitus:
Human... never seen one before, much less one with an immense rage in him. A bottled up anger, begging to be let out. Tell me human, why do you hide this feeling?

Hal:
*Muffled sounds because he's gagged*

Atrocitus tears the gag off of Hal's face.

Hal:
Ah, that's better. Now what I meant to say was screw the rage! Screw this place! And very much screw you!

Atrocitus:
Insolent being, you have no idea what powers you suppress.

Hal:
Look Clifford, if this is some kind of interrogation tactic or manipulation ya not getting anything outta me.

Atrocitus:
It's not. I'm simply trying to help you. Your rage is powerful, I can sense it. You could be so much more, why do you fight it?

Hal:
Because I know rage and anger are useless. Sure I get mad sometimes, but I don't let it control me.

As Atrocitus explained why Hal should let his hate control him, Hal was too busy wondering about something else. Atrocitus caught onto this.

Atrocitus:
What are you thinking, human?

Hal:
I'm tryna figure out why you let all this shit happen to you. What exactly made you wanna become pissed off Hellboy.

Atrocitus hesitates to answer for a bit, then smiles.

Atrocitus:
So the Guardians never told you.

Hal:
Well they've told me enough to know what exactly you are. What else do I need to know, that the Guardians thought to hide.

Atrocitus steps closer to Hal.

Atrocitus:
The Guardians are the very reason we Red Lantern's exist. They made us, the same way they made you and your kind.

Hal:
Why would they make a bunch over murderous, war mongering, psychopaths? Kinda contradicts the point of The Green Lantern Corps.

Atrocitus:
Why would they make a bunch of "murderous, war mongering," killing machines like us? I asked myself that same question centuries ago. All the way back when I believed in them. When I believed they would protect us.

Hal:
You... Trusted them? What the hell changed?

Atrocitus:
They slaughtered my people, and destroyed my home.

Hal's eyes widened. He stayed silent, as his mind was going into shock.

Atrocitus:
I wasn't always like this. Before I became the ruler of Ysmault I was a happy man, a psychologist on the planet of Ryut, a father. My people worshiped the Guardians like Gods. But in return we got nothing, but death and destruction. Before the Green Lantern Corps the Guardians created living machines, peacekeepers that were meant to keep the galaxy safe. I still remember the day they came to Ryut. We believed they were there to protect us, but we were wrong. Quickly and out of nowhere those machines came to my home and destroyed everything.