22. Nico

lovelies, i completely changed all of their aesthetics and added nico there as well! be sure to check it out! what are you guesses about the story so far?

I work in the evenings from Mondays to Saturdays now, at least until school starts, after that I'm sure I'll need the weekend free to study and read.

It's a huge library that caught me by surprise once I stepped in for my interview three days ago. Full of light and beautiful interior!

The owner of the café and library is named Thomas.

"You must be Bella!" I heard a man's voice behind me as I was struggling to make the security old guy talk to me about directions to Thomas office.

I quickly turned around to face a buff guy in his forty's. He had a beard and piercing brown eyes, his hair was cut short, almost as a buzz cut. Is it weird that I found my boss hot? I have to tell Liz about him.

"Oh, hey!" I smiled at him and waved a little.

If he's going to start questioning me about my hobbies I will poke his big brown eyes out. Thomas, I'm sorry, boss, I have zero hobbies and I cry at every chance I get.

"Actually it's Isabel, but many people can't tell the difference." I laughed and it sounded awkward im my ears, so I nervously chuckled afterwards and put my hands behind my back.

"My mistake, Isabel." He gently smiled at me back and reached his arm for me to shake it.

"I'm Thomas, unlike you, my name's pretty boring." He kept smiling and I felt weirdly safe by his company. He didn't feel like most of men entering their fifty's. They're creepy. Thomas is friendly.

"How should I call you then?" He asked, showing with his arm where we should be heading to. We started walking.

"Um, you can call me Bel." I said before I felt my heart dropping in my chest.

Only Owen calls me Bel.

"I'm guessing I shouldn't." I heard Thomas chuckling next to me. Barely, but I understand what he was saying.

"Never mind, no one calls me like that, whatever works for you, will work for me!" I tried to let out a smile and look into his eyes, but I'm sure I look like I'm about to burst into tears.

"I see, Isabel." He said in a calm voice before guiding me in his office.

It was small considering how big the rest of the place was. He had a few paintings, some books of his own and a beautiful vase covered in hieroglyphs.

"Please sit down!" He kept using his arms a lot while talking, which made me feel a little under stress, but maybe I was just stressed to begin with.

"I don't expect you to know everything by this week's end nor even this month. My almost only rule is never be late, the rest I have someone else who is going to tell you and show you all about it." He sat across the table, placing his hands on it.

I tried to keep an eye contact with him, but it has always been hard for me to do so.

"What about clothes?" I asked, pretending I'm scanning his office just so I could give myself a little rest from all this staring into each others eyes as adults should do.

"Oh, at least for now, I don't want you in the cafeteria, I just need you to be checking the books and helping out if anyone needs help, so whatever is the most comfortable will do!" He laid back in his chair and typed something on his computer. His phone started to ring.

"Just come in, she's all yours!" He said to his phone in a little bit annoyed voice which got me even more stressed.

Once he put his phone down, he smiled at me and sighed.