38. complete

We were staring at each other, both confused about what's coming next.

Does this end right here? Or if it doesn't, where do we take it from here?

"What the fuck do we do now?" All of a sudden I heard his voice somewhere close to me. I turned my head, to look at him. He was smiling, reaching out his hand for me. So I laughed. And it felt like that for the first time ever since losing him, I meant it.

I can't believe Owen was sitting in front of me and smiling.

I put my hand in his, sighing about how right it feels to hold his hand.

"I have no idea." I whispered and he never stopped smiling.

My lips felt like they were still burning from where his touched mine.

"Do you want to get out of here?"

Right after the words left his mouth, someone opened the closet's door, blinding me and Owen with the sudden light.

Me and Owen. Everything still seemed like a very bad joke or the worst nightmare of all of them. I was almost counting seconds before I wake up or am being told that none of this was real.

"Guys, look! I'm certain they had the best time in there. Looks like the girl wasn't able to take all that suck and gluck and started to tear up!" His eyes met mine and he winked at me. I felt dirty just by that one sentence and one look. I wanted to punch him in his face.

I felt and saw Owen shift in his side of the closet, scooping closer to me, his arm flew right besides me and then I felt his fingertips lingering against my back. He didn't press them there completely, because I could feel the hesitation and confusion within his sudden reaction and touch.

He was just as protective and safe to be around as always. But this time it seemed like it was more than just showing and proving that I'm his, it was about my well being and my safety.

He had grown so much in this year and I couldn't help but find him even more amusing than I did before. I just hoped that I had changed for the best too.

He got up first, making the guy move out of my sight and wander off somewhere.

Owen had put on some muscle too. He had more tattoos, very tiny but I'm sure all of them were beautiful. I wanted to see every single one of them closely. I wanted to touch his strong arms, move my tongue down to his muscular torso.

My mind had begun to embarrass me without me knowing, and my cheeks began to betray me as they started to heat up.

I craved for his touch. Everywhere.

He held out his hand for me and I got up too.

Suddenly I started to hear all the chatting and all the horrible music that I had stopped hearing once I heard his voice next to me.

"What about getting out of here?" He leaned in to whisper into my ear but I held my breath because he was so close to me all of a sudden.

"I'd love to. But it's my best friend's birthday, I can't just ditch no matter how much I'd want that right now." I said back to him, leaning more towards him as well.

I wanted to scream from joy.

"You've always been so selfless, Bel." He gave me a soft smile and placed a little kiss right under my ear.

My fingers immediately flew to the place he had just kissed me and I sucked in my breath.

I felt more emotions all at once than I've ever felt in my whole life.