31. no one has to know

Nico's pov

  "Lola, hey, I'm sorry, but I just remembered that we have to do one last thing before holidays start." I barged in back in the library from the back doors.

"You come like being called after! There was some guy just a few minutes back, astonishingly sexy I must add, and he wanted to talk to you." Lola sticked her head up from administration to look at me walking towards her.

"Okay, where is this sexy guy?" I laughed once I got to her.

"I mean he left something for Isabel actually, but I guess since both of you are so serious and in love now, I can give it to you." She smiled at me and winked right after.

"Oh, we are definitely serious and so in love." I winked right back and she looked at me annoyingly.

"It's right here." She gave me an envelope and I coughed like air would have been stuck in my throat all of a sudden.

"Are you okay?" Lola immediately stood up from her chair to lean closer to me, so I took some steps away from her and turned my back.

"To my Isabel"

Only those three words written on the front and everything was crystal clear for me here.

That guy just can't leave her alone, can he?

"Nic?" I heard her calling out for me again, so I put a smile on my face and turned back around to face her.

"You're all pale, what the heck, Nic?"

"No, don't worry about it. I'm totally fine." I lied.

"I'll get this to Isabel once we're done sorting out the last inventory papers." I tried to smile at her, but my mind was far away from this library.

For the rest of the time, Lola ended up doing most of the work, even though it's not her speciality at all. I ended up telling her that I don't feel too well, but maybe it's because I didn't really sleep last night. Then she made a joke about why me and Isabel didn't sleep and I nervously chuckled.

Usually I can lie and pretend like it's no big deal. But right now I just couldn't find the right words for this situation.

"Looks like we're all done here. Thanks for the help." Lola laughed and I shook my head a little to get out of my head.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked, not hearing her.

"Never mind. Let's just please go home now." She chuckled and I just nodded.

All my drive to my apartment I just hoped that she wouldn't be back yet from her date with Cal.

I finally started to see a little bit of her sadness leaving her eyes. I can't just throw that away like it's nothing.

And finally, after six months of wanting her, she's mine. I can't throw that away either. I won't lose that. I won't lose her.

No matter what it takes.

Once I got home, I parked my car and without thinking too much, ripped open the letter that was sitting on my backseat for the whole ride, almost constantly reminding me that she will leave me.

There were too many things written, so I read just some of them. However I couldn't miss the part where he had written his address in the end and something about waiting for her to come.

"That fucking idiot!" I cursed loudly in my car and threw a fist to my steering wheel.

"Who the fuck does he think he is?"

I was full of anger and fear.

This letter held so much power and I was very well aware of it. I knew that if Isabel ever sees this, she'll go running to him the second she reads this.

He doesn't deserve her.

My phone ringed in my pocked and I jumped in my seat, breathing fast, scared to the core.

hey, just got here. when are you coming back, should i make something to eat? waiting for you!

Isabel had texted me.

And this how it should be.

This is the right thing, the right life for her. And I am the one who she needs.

"I'm sure this time you'll finally give up." I whispered and started tearing apart the letter in my hands.

Right after that, I left my car to throw it in the closest trash bin.

I walked in my apartment and saw Isabel sitting on my couch and smiling big for me.

Only for me.