39. take your coat

I didn't really sleep last night.

My body was fully awake and didn't want to miss the chance to reminisce about every single thing Owen said to me. Or every place that he had kissed. Touched.

It all felt like the best dream a girl like me could ever have. Because in real life I was supposed to wander around completely alone trying to find someone or something that could fill the void and hole Owen had left inside of me. But then suddenly real life was no longer real.

Owen has returned back to my life. The only man who would ever matter. The only love that I will ever need.

Owen had said that he'll pick me up today.

For some reason I was so nervous that I wanted to puke. My mind kept fighting off all of these dumb thoughts, such as what if he doesn't like what I'm wearing or what if he doesn't like my new perfume?

At the same time I knew that it was complete nonsense, because less than 10 hours ago he looked at me like I was the only girl on the whole world. Like nothing ever had changed. Like we were still the same Owen and Bel. Only we weren't.

Both of us had a lot of catching up to do. This past year had changed so much for us. I was so scared that once we start sharing stories, it would make it clear between us that we've grown apart somehow.

However, I've lived in a fantasy with Nico for far too long now already, so this time I know that I will face the truth. Because at the end of the day lies still hurt more than the truth.

The whole morning I spent by cleaning my apartment that was already clean and tidy. I reorganized all of my closet, my bookshelves and even my fridge.

I had a day off from work today as well and probably for the first time in my life, I wished that I'd have to go in today, so that I could keep my mind busy.

I couldn't stop thinking about whether I should tell Liz and Noah about Owen being back. Then again only he can decide whether he should tell our friends. Our only real friends whom I missed so much. I'm sure Owen missed them just as much.

We exchanged numbers last night. I kept staring at it, still not being able to believe that this is real. While I was staring at it for several minutes already, my phone started to ring in my hands and scared me so much that I jumped.

He was calling me. Owen was really calling me.

"Hey." I heard a nervous greeting from him and I smiled a little at him getting nervous.

"Hello? You must have the wrong number, I'm sorry." I answered and he started to laugh.

"Hey, stranger." I said to him.

"Yea, well I was wondering if today's well, you know, date, sort of date is still on?" He was mixing up the words one after the another.

"Absolutely. I'm thrilled for this you know sort of date." I smiled. Wide.

"What would you wish to do?" He asked me and my whole body reacted to the way he said it.

I missed his voice so much. Even when talking about the smallest things, I could always hear that he is calling me his.

But are we both ever will be ready to finally say it out loud to each other? We never were boyfriend and girlfriend. We never said I love you. We were just.. Owen and Bel.

"Honestly, not to sound creepy, but could you just take me to your place? I don't really feel like seeing other people and I feel like we have a lot of talking to do." I chuckled.

I could hear him smiling.

"Sure, works with me. We'll do that."

"Okay, great." I smiled.

"Yes, great then." He smiled too.

"Actually what would you do if I'd say that I've been standing at your door this whole time, because I was so fucking nervous and stressed this whole day that I couldn't wait until six?"

"I would probably go to open the door and pretend to be very angry at you." I said, already running to the door.

And there he was, standing in my doorway. Sexier than ever before.

His strands of hair were falling into his eyes and his hands were holding flowers.

"You still mad?" He chuckled and opened his arms for me to get closer.

I didn't hesitate for a second and hugged him, wrapping my arms around his strong torso.

When we broke off our hug, I looked away, feeling my cheeks burning a little.

He coughed and when I looked up, his eyes were focused on me.

"You look.." he said, still looking at me. His eyes were traveling up and down my body.

I was wearing loose jeans and a big hoodie. My hair was slicked down in a braid and I was only wearing my dark red lipstick. There was nothing out of ordinary yet he looked like he was mesmerized by what he is seeing. My heart did a big jump.

"You are so beautiful, Bel. Even more."

"Impossible." He whispered and lifted his arms, reaching his fingers towards my cheek but then he stopped midway.

"You ready to go?" He coughed once more and chuckled at himself a little, pushing back his hair and looking at me through it with sparkling eyes.

I couldn't move nor think nor understand what he had just said.

"What?"

Owen started to laugh.

"Take your coat, we have things to do!" He said with the brightest smile on his face.