Chapter 12

School was back and it was the first day. I walked into school an found Maddie standing with the other girls waiting. When the bell rang we all headed for the hall.

That was where we found out that Year 10 (the grade Maddie and I are in) was going to be double for every class with Year 9 (Mat's class).

On the first day back nothing much happened just the usual get books and meet the class an teachers.

By the second day back I began emailing Mat again and we had a few different conversations over that afternoon.

Third day back was a sports day. We had two different sports periods that day one of which was a double so all up three. In the first period we played three on three basketball.

I ended up being put on a team with 2 year 9 boys one was Blade who is an over competitive, easily agitated kid and the other was of course I was on a team with Mat.

Then when we were about to leave for the next class the teacher said that the teams who probably be permanent.

That after noon we had all high school sport. We played a game we call silly buggers but the new principal changed it to silly billys. It is a game where you get an aus tag belt with two tags and basically run round taking tags and if you lose all of your tags your out, it goes to last person in.

That afternoon I emailed with Mat again we had not a very long chat but it was a chat. I finally thought maybe our friend ship would be a friendship again soon.