[Prologue]

"Matías, what in the fuck's name are you talking about." He leaned on the table.

You heard a sigh. "Dad, it's Azul.. I am agender and my pronouns are they/them."

"Huh? What nonsense is this? Are you stupid? What's with this "AgEnDeR" crap? Do you want me to beat some sense into you? You're a goddamn boy." Your father said sternly and stood up straight.

" There he goes " you thought to yourself, standing up from the living room's couch. " Should I..? Whatever, either way the outcome will be the same. " you smiled and walked to the kitchen.

"I thought I raised you better! You can't be serious." He shouted as his breathing got heavy.

"I'm sorry. It's who I am, and you'll have to accept me. I am done ignoring my feelings, DEAL with it." Azul snapped back with no hesitation whatsoever.

"You are pathetic and delusional, Matías." Your father, said with his eyes wide. "You're the son who actually has a future ahead and you do this?" "I am not your son, I am your CHILD, and I will NOT let you disrespect me."

"Don't you talk to me that way, Matías L/n!" He furrowed his brows, raising his hand. As soon as you walked into the kitchen you heard the sound of a slap. Your father had slapped Azul, pretty harshly too.

You looked at Azul. They were holding their cheek, looking down. You could see their lip quiver.

You quickly walked up to Azul, you couldn't run up to them since you weren't allowed to run in the house, but nonetheless you grabbed their hand and pulled them away farther from your so called father.

"You reek alcohol." You said looking at your dad.

"Y/n, get away from that freak. Unless he changes his decision, he's out of the goddamn house." He said crossing his arms and leaning on the kitchen counter.

"And you? Old man? The so called "freak" is my sibling. You're the only freak in this house. You even broke your promises, what's the point of you being here if it's Azul who's maintaining us both? Huh?" You said with a smug smirk.

Azul tried to stop you from talking shit, but it never worked anyways.

"I see you really like to run your stupid mouth. I suggest you shut up or.." he pulled out a pocket knife, leaning close and bringing it up to your face. "This thing, right here.." he said as he spun it. "is going straight into that stupid head of yours. Got it?"

You stayed silent despite having the urge to punch him, as it's a great opportunity to, but knowing him.. he'd definitely do such a thing. He went to juvenile when he was 15 for murdering someone. At least that's what your abuela told you.

"I'm going out with my friends. When I come back I better see this house clean." He said as he stabbed the knife in the wooden table and left.

Your breathing had hitched when he stabbed the table, it genuinely frightened you. Why was he like this? He's supposed to be a father. A father who actually takes care and accepts his children, not some hobo who steals and goes out drinking constantly.

[Y/n's POV]

"Get a grip, Azul." I said turning around to them.

"Huh? I didn't ask for your help anyways.. You should've left the house and go get into fights or something, whatever it is that you do everyday."

"You know damn well if I hadn't stepped into this stupid argument, of you constantly trying to come out to him only for him to forget everything, he would've beaten you up." As I finished that sentence I clicked my tongue.

"I just hate it when he addresses me as a boy..-"

"Move out." I interrupted him.

"What?"

"I said move out. You obviously don't like it here, what's the point of you staying here if this house doesn't feel like a home? Get away from him. It's simple."

"Huh?! Are you stupid? It's not that easy. Even if it were, I don't have the money for it."

"Come with me." I said turning around and going in the direction to my room. Azul followed me and we entered my room, although it didn't have a door. Father didn't like it when I used to lock myself inside, so eventually he broke it and took it out of it's hinges." Crazy man'
I chuckled at the thought.

I stopped in my tracks.. My whole room is a mess, my stuff is everywhere on the floor, even my bed is a mess. That's when I realized.. My eyes widened and I immediately ran to the bed, pushing it away from the wall.

My hands hurdled up into fists and I stood back up. My stash is completely broken and emptied out.

"Sorry. Looks like you won't be able to move out." I turned around and walked out of my room. My face held an emotionless expression.

"Woah woah woah! What happened, Y/n?!" They followed me out to the front door.

"He found my money. I'm going out for a little while. I'm sorry I'll be back soon." I said as i slammed the front door behind me.

With absolute rage flowing through my body I went to the one and only village, Encanto. Hated it though.