[PROLOGUE.]

"Sofia, what the fuck are you talking about." He leaned forward, his hands on the table.

You heard a soft sigh. "Papa,, Alejandro, my name is Alejandro, por favor." He almost pleaded, sounding exhausted.

(please.)

"Alejandro??" He questions, furrowing his eyebrows in obvious fury. "Alejandro is a boy's name! You're a girl, act like it, dios mío!"

(my god!)

"Ay, cabrón." You thought hearing your father's revelation, clicking your tongue, leaning back a bit as you sat comfortably on the couch.

(Ay, asshole.)

"Gravemente? Hah?! Stop spouting nonsense!" He shouted as his breathing got audibly heavier.

(Seriously?)

"I told you before! I am a boy, not a girl." Alejandro said, standing his ground against his father.

"You are pathetic and delusional, Sofia!" Your father said with his eyes wide. "You're the child who actually has a future ahead and you do this?" He comments, standing up straight.

You could see the entire thing from your spot in the living room. You just watched, annoyance visible due to your facial expression.

"Don't talk to me like this, especially when [name]'s around!" He raised his voice, clearly holding some hostility behind it.

"¡¿Te atreves a levantar tu jodida voz?!" He said in disbelief, raising his hand.

(You dare raise your fucking voice?!)

You got up from your seat, walking to the kitchen. Though, as soon as you walked in, you heard the sound of a slap.

Your father had slapped Alejandro, pretty harshly too.

You looked at your brother. He was holding his cheek, looking down. You could see his lip quiver.

Wasting no time, you walked up to Alejandro. You couldn't run up to him since you weren't allowed to run in the house, but nonetheless, you grabbed his hand and pulled him away from your so called father.

"Oi, you reek alcohol." You said looking at your dad with disdain in your gaze.

"Ai ai ai, [name]," He said coldly, crossing his arms and leaning on the kitchen counter behind him. "You never learn, do you." He says simply,

" 'Parently not, my mentor's the absolute worst." You respond in a monotone voice, not trying to hide it at all.

Alejandro tried to stop you from talking shit, but it never worked anyway.

Your father scoffed before he spoke. "I see you really like to run your stupid mouth. Not only have you fucked up your own life, you fucked up ours." His face turned into a scowl. "You'll never achieve anything more than that. Bastard."

You stayed silent. You didn't really let it show, but due to the amount of times he's told you this exact same thing, you're slowly starting to believe it and god, it's eating you inside out.

"I'm going out. When I come back, I better see this house clean. Estúpidos." He said as he stood up straight, his movements quick and sharp. He glared at you, despite the altercation being between him and Alejandro. Perhaps butting in wasn't something you were supposed to do.

(Idiots.)

After a short while, he finally left the house, slamming the door behind him.

Why was he like this? He's supposed to be a father. A father who actually takes care and accepts his children, not some hobo who steals and goes out drinking constantly.

"The hell was that about?" You ask your brother, looking at him with a stern expression.

Alejandro just clicked his tongue and glanced to the side. "Don't ask. I don't want to talk about this."

"You did the best you could. Why would you let him slap you like this? You don't deserve that and you know it." You explained, your shoulders slumping.

"[Name], enough." He said firmly, his eyebrows furrowing further.

"Enough of you sitting here and taking his bullshit like a polite little boy. Defend yourself, for fucks sake, Alejandro." You exhaled, shaking your head slightly.

"What the hell am I supposed to do? Talk back like you? Sure, it shows how you don't feel fear but is it worth the trouble?" Alejandro fixes up his posture as he talks, not once taking his eyes away from you. "You're brave, I know that. But the only thing you do is talk back, you don't fight for yourself either."

"It's different for me, don't compare us." You responded immediately, defending yourself.

"Oh, yes, you think you deserve it." He speaks, almost frustrated at this point. "You were a little kid, [name], it was never your fault. Stop blaming yourself."

You freeze up for a slight moment, blinking excessively. You snap back to reality and look off to the side, clenching your jaw. "I'm going.. for a walk." You spoke up, putting your hands in your pockets as you walked past Alejandro, going out the front door.

To clear your mind, you decided to visit the village, Encanto, despite hating it, though.