[ VI ]

"We have to go back now." Camilo said, looking at you.

You sighed as you clenched your fist. "Fine"

He smiled a little and stood up, holding out his hand for you.

You didn't even glance at him while standing up.

"You're like a child" Camilo huffed and started walking back home. You followed behind.

After a little while you two got back home only for Abuela to give you two a lecture, harsher one for you though.

"This is unacceptable, Y/n! It's been hours, you can't run off like that! If you would've gotten into a fight that would've been the end of it." She glared at you, while the Madrigal family was standing behind her, including Camilo.

"Why didn't you bring him back earlier?!" Dolores whisper-yelled, pinching Camilo's ear.

"I tried! He even took a nap!" Camilo explained, trying to get Dolores' hand off of him.

Dolores sighed, looking at you with indescribable pity in her eyes.

You didn't mind get yelled at, at least, you didn't care. You would just slowly start to dissociate whenever someone yelled at you. Was it a coping mechanism? Maybe.

[Time skip: Next day]

You were sitting in the room, thinking about random stuff.

"You good?" Camilo asked while sitting across the room.

"Never been better." You replied sarcastically only to receive some mumbles from Camilo.

"What a nice conversation~" you hummed, looking at him.

Camilo was looking a little glum.

"Something's on your mind, right?"

"It's been days, but you're just living here. I thought Abuela said you're going to get different treatment, but ever since day 1, you haven't changed a tiny bit."

"Well, that came out of nowhere" you raised your eyebrows in amusement. "Don't overthink it, idiot." You said, and looked out the window.

"That's not what's bothering you though, is it?" You asked him, not making eye contact whatsoever.

"Huh?" Camilo's eyes widened slightly, as he let his hand dangle a little, before gaining back his composure.

"Caught ya in a tight spot." You thought as a smug smirk appeared on your face.

"Oh.." Realization struck Camilo. "That morning, yesterday.. What was I even thinking..?" He sighed in disappointment.

"You gonna tell me or not?" You finally got his attention back.

"Tell you what?" He tried to play it off, not wanting to creep you out.

"Come sit here" you said as you patted the bed, gesturing him to sit next to you.

"I'm not going there." He said as he leaned his back on a wall next to his bed.

"Have it your way then." You thought, as you stood up and made your way over to Camilo's bed, sitting next to him.

It didn't take a while for him to scramble away from his current spot, getting farther away from you.

"I'm not scary, am I?" You asked, catching him and pulling Camilo back to his original sitting spot.

He didn't say a word, he just stayed quiet.

You quickly crossed your arms, yawning. "don't worry, I won't judge you, I think."

"T-that.. didn't help one bit." He said as he looked at you, still feeling embarrassed.

"I won't promise shit If I won't be able to keep the promise. I'm not that type of person."

He sighed in relief. "Fair enough"

"I still don't feel like telling you.." Camilo said, turning his head away.

"You can trust me!" You said, feeling slightly offended.

Camilo looked at you with a "really?" look on his face.

You quickly inhaled. "No, no you cannot."

He chuckled lightly at your statement. "Airhead" He mumbled, loud enough for you to hear.

You just rolled your eyes, shaking your head slightly.

"I don't think.." You hesitated, a lot.

"Think what?" Camilo seemed to be curious.

"I don't think I'm capable of change." You said as his smile quickly faded.

"Pfft! That's nonsense. Everyone's capable of change!" He said, lightly patting your back.

"Don't touch me-"

"Oh- Sorry!-" Camilo sweatdropped with a nervous smile.

"You can tell me anything, we're friends now, right?"

You stayed quiet as you inhaled through your mouth.

"O-oh, we're not?-"

"I guess we are..." You cut him off slightly.

Camilo tensed up, he's never seen you so hesitant of your replies, or just genuinely so calm. "Y/n being calm is sorta scary.." he shivered at the thought.

"It's kinda nice.. to have someone." You caught Camilo's attention with that sentence.

"Agreed" he replied, smiling a little.

"Uhm.. Y/n?"

You didn't reply, you just looked at him.

"Is it possible for you to let me get to know you better?" Camilo just asked blanky.

"That's not what you ask when another man is in your bed." You teased him. At first he didn't get it, but it took a couple seconds to settle in.

"Way to ruin the mood" he huffed, pulling his knees up to his chest, hugging them.

"Y'know, that's my comfort pose." You said, basically copying his pose.

"What?" He lifted his head slightly.

"Yeah, it's a pose I like. I don't know how to explain it, it's just comforting in a way."

"I guess we have one similarity." Camilo answered you, looking at his knees.

You side-eyed him, yawning once again.

It's been a couple minutes, neither of you have said a word. You've just been staring at the wall in front of you.

You were in your thoughts, but Camilo falling asleep and resting his head on your shoulder made you snap out of it.

You scrunched your eyebrows in confusion, making as little to no moves to not wake him up. "How does this even happen. He didn't even tell me what's bothering him!"  You thought, getting a little frustrated.

"Does he think he's in a movie or something? Well, at least I have something to tease him about now." You thought, smugly smiling.

"Praying that your stupid bed bugs don't bite me." You whispered as you closed your eyes and drifted to sleep.

Word count: 1000 (without author's note)
Time: 12:00am

Hey guys. It's me. I'm back. My updates been getting slow, keep  in mind I make stuff up as this story goes, i don't have a plotline whatsoever for this.
And, please, god, please leave suggestions on how should either Y/n or Camilo confess their feelings for one another. I have absolutely zero experience with writing romance, plus I'm not experienced in that... area.....
Also! I think some chapters are going to go through some heavy editing, so don't get confused if the plotline changes a bit 🙁