The Night Continues

The celebrations in Antonio's new massive room began. People piled into his room, all congregating on the dance floor. You and Camilo were just generally grooving together to the ridiculous traditional party music that was playing until a slightly slower song began to play.

People started partnering up to slowly twirl around to the melodic tunes of the song. Antonio ran to his leopard and flopped up on it's back and watched as the couples danced around. Camilo immediately turned to you, despite you not even looking at him; he grabbed your hand and twirled you around, gaining the attention of the other patrons.

He smirked with that same flirty grin you'd seen so many times before. You couldn't let him know you were nervous to dance like this, so you returned the smirk. His hand latched onto you waist as he pulled your face close to his, his boyish charm radiating from him. You rested your hands against his neck as the main part of the song began.

As the beats of the music pounded through the air, your feet slammed onto the ground; swerving around in meticulous patterns across the floor. He let go of your waist and kissed your hand before spinning you around on the ball of my foot. He latched back onto you on beat of the song, your feet collapsed on the floor at an identical moment. You danced around in a box-like motion for a few more seconds before the song finally came to and end.

Camilo dipped the back of your head down close to the floor before launching you back up; your faces were closer than ever. This moment was identical to the one on the hill, you may have been surrounded by the entire town, but it felt like you two against the entire planet. You were ripped from your trance by the eruption of claps from the members of the public around you.

You shook your head to fully regain focus and chuckled as cheers rained upon you both. You walked off to talk to some other townspeople, leaving Camilo to talk to his family. After a solid 10 minutes, you were pulled away by someone. You were dragged downstairs and pulled out to a hill with a single, large tree.

It was Camilo. He shapeshifted into a random townsperson and pulled himself up the tree, helping you up along the way. With a heave, you and Camilo were tightly packed together on a small branch of a small tree behind La Casita. You rested in Camilo's chest to avoid staring down into the inevitable fall. You heard a quiet chuckle from above you, quickly realizing it was actually your best friend.

"Not a fan of heights, huh..?" He smirked, you heard his heart rate slow slightly as he calmed himself down. The rhythmic thumps within Camilo's chest seemed to relax you to the point of almost slumber. As your breath deferred, you felt a slight pressure atop your head; Camilo rested his hand gently on your head, patting it slowly to relax you. He could tell you were extremely anxious, that's why you liked him so much.

He was so kind, funny, charismatic, and you both understood each other well. As the stars brightened with the ever-growing darkness of the night, so did Camilo and you. You only grew closer as the night became slowly colder; neither of you had any sort of light or warmth aside from each other.

Eventually, after a long moment of your meaningful cuddle session with the shapeshifting Madrigal, you decided to head back to main event and celebrate with Antonio. You both cautiously climbed down the tree, (you more so than Camilo) and walked in through the back door to the main villa area.

Mirabel seemed to be distracted by her own self-loathing, and you desperately wanted to ask her if she was okay, but were subsequently pulled back upstairs to Antonio's room by Camilo. You wanted to race to Mirabel's side to hug her and see if she needed to talk to someone, but you didn't. That may have been a decision you'd regret for a long time to come.