Mi Amada Esposa

Breakfast finished on an awkward, solemn note. Sure, everyone was elated for another Madrigal on the way, but you felt awful about Camilo not being able to make his 'announcement' that he was so excited for. You and Camilo left for the bridge, strolling hand-in-hand past the numerous townspeople.

You both walked deep into town looking around the multiple stalls the townspeople had set up for the town's market. Camilo's grip on your hand tightened as he noticed some other townsmen glancing at you every so often; he hated it. He pulled you way far downtown, past the market, past everyone's houses, down into a small plant-filled area beside the river bank.

After catching your breath, you noticed Camilo admiring the crystal waters flowing past. He plopped down onto the dirt beneath a large palm tree. You sat beside him, your hair gently flowing in the calming breeze. Camilo cuddled up beside you,  his head resting in the crook of your neck. With a gentle movement, you held back his curls and kissed his forehead affectionately.

He turned around giggling to himself, before grabbing your wrists and pushing you beneath him. You both started to laugh hysterically, effortlessly humoured by something so simple. He pressed a soft kiss against your lips before you pushed him down on his back, you now had the upper hand.

With your legs either side of his hips, he looked up at you on top of him with a heavy red stained against his cheeks, he smirked indefinitely as he grabbed your cheeks and pulled you down to kiss him. He propped himself up on his elbows and smirked once again.

"Having fun down there..?" You joked, as Camilo's expression deepened. "Just enjoying the view." Your face lit up horrendously; without a second thought, you jumped up from Camilo to move away. You brushed the dirt from your clothes, then helped Camilo to his heels. "Unnecessary comment." You complained.

You turned around, your back now facing him, as you quietly fixed your hair. Taking a deep breath, you turned around to continue lecturing Camilo but - no way. There before you, dropped down to one knee, was Camilo holding the most beautiful ring you'd ever seen. He had even remembered your favourite gemstone, as it was engraved in the ring!

Your whole world started spinning; was this real? Was this really happening?! You two were literally play fighting a few seconds prior, and yet, there he was. The boy you had loved for so many years was down on his knee before you; holding out a ring to offer for marriage.

" (Y/N), from the moment I had seen you as a young child, I knew you would be happiest with me. I knew my life would become 1000 times better with you in it, and I was right. You are the most beautiful, talented, amazing, smartest, most... gorgeous girl I have ever met. I don't know what my life would be like without you! You are so perfect, the most perfect girl in this entire Encanto. (Y/N), will you do me the honours of marrying the most beautiful queen in the world?"

You couldn't hold back your tears, they started pouring out in majestic waves from your eyes. Everything he said had come directly from his heart and you knew it, he knew you knew it. Words couldn't express the pure joy and euphoria you felt in that exact moment. Camilo stood up to attempt to dry your tears whilst crying profusely himself; if love was truly an emotion, was this what it was like?

"Mi amada esposa, please don't cry. You're gonna make me cry.." his voice was breaking as he laughed his way through that sentence; that's when it hit.
'Mi amada esposa', 'My beloved wife'. That was when you knew, you knew 100% that you truly, truly loved Camilo. With every single fibre in your entire being; you loved him.