Tu Amado Esposo

Your head neatly buried into the crook of Camilo's neck, you both walked back toward the house. Camilo's arm was tightly wrapped around your shoulders, him squeezing every time you moved, so much as an inch, away from him. This wasn't abnormal of him - but it was certainly odd enough for you to make it a note-worthy point in your mind. Luisa and Mirabel were near the entrance of the house talking and greeted you lovingly as you both entered, but Camilo seemed like a husk - unwilling to even acknowledge his two cousins. You felt his grip on your shoulders tighten even more than he had ever held you before.

Without a single sound from him, you were led up to the bedroom you both shared - previously, Camilo's bedroom. He let you go and gestured for you to sit down as he turned dimmed the lights, closed the door and headed in your direction. You knew what he was insinuating and you weren't happy about it. Was this his big plan to apologize - run around town trying to find you, take you home, back to his bed and sleep with you? Was this how he recovered from his blowout earlier - plan up this whole elaborate plot to sleep with you? Before you could speak up, Camilo sat down beside you - clearly hesitant to snuggle up with you. What was going on in this kid's head?

--

This was it - the moment Camilo would officially disappear and he would finally become someone that you would love; your husband. He sat you down and gently rested his clammy hands against your shoulder - hesitant to apply any pressure in fear of you reacting the way you had after the first massive fight. "(Y/N), I want to tell you that I will no longer be a worry of yours," he began. The confusion within you only growing and growing. "don't worry, Mi Vida, Camilo is going to leave. You don't love him, his only family doesn't love him. Nobody even wants him - people only want me, when Camilo's not around! So, I'm giving you what you want! I'll become your husband. Just your husband - no Camilo fuss necessary!"

You jolted back slightly - what the hell was going on? You weren't sure, but something was seriously wrong and you had to figure it out. Why was Camilo talking like he was going to die - was he crazy? Before he could spit another syllable, you latched onto his cheeks and kissed him lovingly. He needed that, you could just tell. He kissed back for a few seconds, before he panicked and yanked his face away from yours.

"Camilo, what are you talking about? What do you mean 'I don't love you'?? Of course I love you. You're my husband, the light of my life! Sure, you and your family annoy me from time to time but that's just part of married life. If you ended everyone relationship after a fight, romantic or not, you wouldn't ever have any relationships in your life. I love you. I seriously do, I just needed some space after a fight - everyone does. You didn't need to pull this elaborate plan, you could've just come up to me and asked me to talk."

4 hours. For 4 hours, you and Camilo, your husband, sat and discussed the things that were clearly ruining your amazing bond. You listened to everything he was feeling and you couldn't help but tear up listening to his struggles. And to think, he was going through all of this alone - whilst you were off complaining about him and wallowing in your own self-pity - he was calling his eyes out. And you wanted to ask a million times over 'why didn't you tell me?', but you knew that answer. You knew why he would never even consider asking you. The way you'd been overeating to every little detail about his and your lives, you wouldn't even bother to disturb yourself. It broke your heart - you finally understood it. This, this feeling within the embrace of a man you so admire - this feeling is love.

You love him. You will forever love 'Tu Amado Esposo'. He loves you too, he loves you more than you could ever realise. Not only are you his wife - you're his 'Bonita'.