She's Gone

The cracks in the walls only climbed and folded their way up and around La Casita, you knew you had to protect the candle, Mirabel seemed to have the same idea.

Mirabel bolted for the window, you were close behind her. "Casita, get us up there!" You overtook Mirabel as the wooden railing pulled from the balcony and fell down to provide a ladder for the tow of you. You climbed up, Mirabel close behind; you grabbed her hand and hoisted her above your head to get her a headstart.

Casita began forcing the Madrigals out the house, them still calling out for Mirabel so desperately. Isabela formed some vines to try and get up to help the both of you, but the cracks broke through her bedroom door, eliminating her powers completely. The vines broke off and Isabela collapsed to the ground, caught by Casita, thankfully.

" (Y/N)! GET DOWN!" You felt your heart shoot up into your throat as Camilo's voice cried out for you; aching and painfully sore as he screamed. He jumped up to Casita's second floor to chase you and Mirabel down.

He shapeshifted into many different people to help him through the debris of the falling house. The adults were screaming for us to get down and get out of the collapsing house. You looked down for a split second to see Camilo leap for the second floor roof as a tall, adult townsperson before reverting back to his original self at the last second. You cried as he began to fall down from the second floor, once again a, thankfully caught by Casita.

The tiles were shaking as Mirabel reached for the dimming candle; she started slipping slowly as you yanked the candle into your grasp. The house fully broke down beneath your feet, the candle and Mirabel tight in your hold.

From a pile of debris and smoke, out emerged you, Mirabel and the candle from under a pair of thin, wooden doors. They waved slightly as they fell flat in the rubble of the fallen house. Suddenly, the candle went out. In a slight pit of smoke, the flame, the miracle, Abuela's Encanto, it was all gone.

Julieta raced into the rubble to find her daughter, she found you both, covered in ash and dust from the house. She kissed Mirabel cheek, thankful she was okay, before running off to make sure everyone else was okay. You looked to Mirabel as to placed the melted candle at your feet. Her eyes started to water, the same solemn expression on her face as the tears dripped down her cheek.

She stood up, "Mira, where are you going..?" She didn't say a word, silent. Through the back of the rubble, she left. "Mirabel! Where are you going!? Mirabel!?" You called after her; completely ignored.

Seconds after, Julieta came back, looking for Mirabel. She didn't say anything, but with just your eyes, you had a conversation. Her eyes started begging and pleading for you to tell her where Mirabel had gone, you simply shook your head. You knew which direction she had gone, that let was the lie, but you didn't know where she had gone.

Julieta sighed quietly, her eyes starting to water. She ran back to the rest of her family to explain the situation, everyone was immediately worried. You barely managed to stand up before the tears started to pour from your eyes. Collapsing to the ground, holding your shoulders tight in pain. It wasn't physical pain, it was so, so, so much worse.