After The Fact

After your little 'screaming match', you couldn't bare to look at Camilo any longer, you huffed angrily and stormed away, furious. Not a single sting of regret or doubt caressed your mind, and you didn't care for Camilo at that moment; he brought up something from the past that you had sworn to never bring up ever again. He completely disregarded those wishes, he was in agreement that it was something that would never be mentioned ever again... and yet, he did.

Words simply couldn't express the utter rage and sorrow mix you felt, you were hurt; badly. You left him there, tears gushing from his eyes and his chest rising and falling in a rapid, ferocious manner. His arms limp beside him and his body still atop that hill behind Casita. This wasn't the first time the two of you had fought, not in a million years, but never had you two argued this bad. This was new and 10x as terrifying.

Instead of heading back inside, like you normally would, you decided to go out of town. Trudging up the hill, beyond the rivers out of Encanto, up until you found a small lake. A lake with a gorgeous glistening view when the sun touched it in just the right places; it was so nice. You found a soft, relaxing spot to sit and simply watched as the lake's water was pushed gently by the wind flowing past.

You found yourself admiring it's pure calm and radiance; it reminded you of... him. Camilo. It royally annoyed you, how could your brain rekindle him in your mind after what had happened only a few hours earlier. You tried so desperately to shake those thoughts from your mind but he only continued to flood back every few seconds. You hated yourself for caring about him so much after what he said, but you were also mildly pleased with yourself that, despite everything, he was still your primary thought. It was poetic, in a weird, violent, infuriating way.

It took you over 4 hours before you decided to return to town, and, much to your surprise, you were met with praising and cries of joy. Apparently, the townspeople had a whole search mission for you; someone had warned them that you had left. The good Samaritan that informed you of all this was a man only a few years older than you named Húgo.

--

Over the next few days, you continued to stay in La Casita Madrigal, in the same bed as Camilo, in fact, but the two of you rarely said a word to each other. In bed, you two wouldn't even snuggle, you were miles away from him, the complete other side of the bed.

Camilo would try to start conversations in the hallway with you, but you wouldn't even acknowledge him; you flat out ignored his every attempt at a redemption. Instead of helping around town or assisting the family with anything, you decided to make some new friends. Many people were willing to accept your offer, one of which was the Good Samaritan, Hùgo.

The two of you began spending a lot of time together; the entire thing was completely platonic but it was nice to have someone to talk to and back you up in your crazy side of the argument. Things seemed really good for a decently long time, until one day. Things just took a turn for the worse.