"You want to... WHAT?!"

Camilo dragged you down the slight hill Casita was located upon and led you into to town. You both walked down the street, Camilo occasionally shapeshifting in the townspeople we passed to wave at them or high-five the young children; it was really endearing, he was so kind to the young children and so respectful to the elderly. You imagined a life where you and Camilo ended up growing old together, continuing the Madrigal line together; that would never happen, you shook those thoughts from your mind.

You both reached the bridge over the river leading outside Encanto; Camilo reached for your hand as your fingers slowly interlaced neatly. One finger overlapping another, immediately, you face burnt up bright. A deep red stain flushed your face as Camilo turned to you, smiling. He wasn't smirking confidently, like he normally was, instead it was happy, genuine, sweet. 

Camilo's other hand intertwined with yours, now he was facing you directly. He held your hand up his mouth and sighed calmly, he placed a gentle kiss on the back of your hand before he spoke, "...(Y/N), I want you to know something. I think... I think you're pretty awesome, and I want your awesomeness to be around for a long time.. I want your awesomeness to stay in Encanto forever! I want... I want you to be here forever." 

You were confused, you had decided to stay in Encanto for years to come, you had never planned on leaving. Camilo was your best friend, there was no way you would ever just up and leave him like that, you really, really liked Camilo; you had no reason to leave. You tightened your grip on his hands. "What are you talking about..? I have no plans to leave - why are you worried..?"

He chuckled, more of a heavy breath rather than an actual laugh. " (Y/N), I don't think you get what I'm saying, y'know what, nevermind. Let's go have some fun, okay..?" He seemed kind of sad and you couldn't help but feel responsible. You wanted to hug him so tight and run off into the sunset with him, but you couldn't. 

You both walked into town and helped many people with little things, entertained some people, played with the town's children and finally, the day slowly came to a close. It was time for the Guzmàns; Mariano and his mother were coming to have dinner and hopefully propose to Isabela. You felt sort of sorry for Isabela; that very morning, she seemed worried about the hole ordeal, like she didn't want this. You had no say, though. You weren't a Madrigal; you were... you didn't know what you were, but you weren't a part of that family, no matter how close you may have been to them.