Pressure

2 weeks. That's how long it'd been since your wedding and, due to the circumstances regarding who you married, a honeymoon wasn't anywhere on your calendar. You were now an official Madrigal, so all the duties around Encanto were now also your responsibility. Yes, Camilo and you were left alone more often and you could technically call that a 'honeymoon', but it really wasn't.

Things seemed mellow and strangely relaxed with everyone in the house; instead of the usual organized chaos that was La Casa Madrigal, things appeared to be much more 'chill'. Nobody was really talking to you, and if they were, it was a short and wasteful conversation. You had a slight inkling as to what was actually going on, but you weren't happy about it. 

You remembered that the same thing had happened after Dolores and Mariano's wedding; it was the family's way of silently asking for children. Instead of explicitly asking for children, Abuela told the family to "silently encourage the newly-wedded couple to spend more time together" - there was no doubt in your mind that Abuela was doing the same thing for you and Camilo. It was rather frustrating; the two of you had only been officially married for a couple of weeks and they were already putting an immense amount of pressure on you. 

Neither of you had barely even clocked 20 years on Earth! Children was far from being on the radar - it really forced you to think about how awful Dolores and Mariano must've felt when they were going through all this. But, you had to ignore it. You would never admit to Camilo's face that you knew what was happening, but you would pretend to be blissfully unaware - for his sake.

You and Camilo hadn't really spoken all day, and you were honestly desperate to talk to him; however, he seemed to be impossible to find as he never looked like himself! It was like looking for a rotten arepa in a pile of quartzite - completely unfeasible. Determined to find tu mas querida, you set off on a journey. You raced around the town center, the cobblestones along the road stabbing your feet painfully. People around town seemed kind of confused as to why a young woman was sprinting around town in such a panicked and violent way, but you didn't care. 

After 10 minutes of straight sprinting around town, you were practically dead. It was like an eternal pain that never went away - an inconsistent sting every time you took a single breath. It sucked. You were done, completely given up on searching for him. You decided to just head home and wait for him to return home later; you wouldn't find him in the state you were in. With a heavy chest and sore feet, you trudged home - barely chugging back your breath. 

You arrived home, Dolores and Isabela out the front discussing something important. Their voices were hushed, barely a whisper - clearly, they didn't want anyone to know what they were talking about. Despite knowing they didn't want anyone to hear their conversation, you were desperate. Curiosity overtook your mind like a tsunami and you snuck past, quietly waiting for the next few sentences. They seemed to stay silent for a second, before Dolores spoke; her voice was stern and almost mad, "(Y/N). I know you're there. Come out." 

Damn it - busted. Shamefully with your head pointed downward, you stepped out from the corner and met Dolores and Isabela face-to-face. Isabela seemed worried, as did Dolores - but it wasn't 'slightly worried', something definitely had to be seriously wrong. Now panicked, you fumbled out, "I'm sorry, b-but what's up? You guys seemed seriously worried about something!" Isa placed her hand upon your shoulder and tapped it gently. She looked to Dolores before tilting her head slightly, gesturing for them both to leave. Dolores silently agreed as she walked away, not a single scent of hesitation in her step. Isabela grabbed your arm and tugged lightly, pulling you inside. 

Surprised by the sudden movement, you had almost zero time to react and nearly fell on your face as Isabela yanked your arm. Dolores seemed to be leading the both of you upstairs and to a very specific location - a location that you knew very, very well. Dolores opened the door to Camilo's bedroom and gently nudged you inside; you turned to the two girls, extremely confused, they didn't say anything - they were dead silent. The door abruptly closed in your face with a faint slam. The lights were off - you couldn't even see 3ft. in front of you! 

Before you could fully figure out what was going on, you heard a sob. A girthy, chesty, full sob - the sob of a someone that'd been crying for over 20 minutes. There was only one person that this could've possibly been - Camilo. Immediately you raced over to where the bed would've been if you could see, you were panicked and extremely worried. Why was Camilo crying, nothing ever seemed to be wrong with him - the only instance when you were actually seriously concerned about someone other than yourself was a few years ago before your engagement. He was crying about not knowing... something - you'd forgotten but you remembered hearing his crying voice vividly. 

You managed to find where he was and, to your dismay, you were right - Camilo was sobbing. You instantly rushed to his aid, your arms collapsing to his sides. You embraced him tightly, praying that would help in the same way his love helped you. Before he even seemed to notice it was you, he shoved you to the side - shuffling away from you. "Camilo? What's going on..?" His shoulders jolted upward in surprise at your voice, but he didn't want to see you. 

But he did want to see you, he wanted to look you straight in your beautiful eyes. He wanted to hug you until you popped - he loved you, you were his whole world. His everything. But how would you react if you found out why he was struggling. Would you leave him? Would you disappear like Mirabel and never return? Would you go and find someone that knew exactly who they were? Or even worse, would you stay with him? Would you stay with him purely out of pity? Would you feel sorry for him? He hated all of those scenarios - he hated every single one. 

It was painful listening to you plead. Pleading for him to answer you or even look at you, like a stab wound directly into the heart. "Camilo. You can talk to me - I'm your wife!" That was it. The last straw to break the camel's back; his mind overtook his actions - he became nothing but an observer of his own breakdown. "SHUT UP!" You almost fell backwards in shock. Camilo wasn't calming down - he was only digging the hole deeper for himself. 

You knew this was only going to end worse if you stayed, so you left. You stood up and slammed the door behind you furiously and you vowed to yourself you wouldn't return until he sorted himself out. Did you feel awful about leaving him like that - Hell yes - but, the situation would only deteriorate if you hadn't left.