Casita's Fall

You and Camilo were sharing a kind moment when you heard some voices atop Casita. You shot up to see Mirabel and Isabela singing and dancing and frolicking around; kicking up pollen and dust from native flowers on the roof of Casita. They must've been made by Isabela but you were confused, Isa only ever roses, never had she made something like native flowers. Her faint, lavender dress was now stained with an array colours.

Rightfully, you and Camilo was utterly baffled; to see Isabela acting out like she was and with Mirabel by her side was truly amazing! They hugged tightly, causing the candle to light up brighter; you were amazed and raced inside to try and catch the girls after their whole song and dance was over.

They landed on a massive pile of red and purple flowers directly in the courtyard; laughing as the petals broke off around them. Isabela flicked a flower at Mirabel whilst calling her a bad influence.

"Isa! Mira! What're you guys doing?! Are you guys okay?" You asked worried, helping Isabela and Mirabel to their feet. "Yeah, yeah! We're great!" Mirabel smiled, wiping the petal remnants off her skirt. Camilo followed inside after you, he tried to grab your hand but you pulled away without even realising it.

"WHAT IS GOING ON!?" Abuela stormed inside, her voice shaking with anger. Mirabel quickly perked up as Isabela seemed to retreat backwards. "Abuela!"
Mirabel jogged up to meet Abuela face-to-face.

"It's okay, everything's.. we-were gonna save the miracle," Abuela walked around the courtyard looking at all the destructive flowers sprouting from the floors and walls. "The-the magic-!" Abuela interjected with her raging voice.
"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? Look at our home! Look at your sister!" Abuela gestured to Isabela retreating back.

"Please just- Isabela wasn't happy!" Mirabel was pleading now. "Of course she want happy! You ruined her proposal-!" Mirabel cut in, pointing back at the very scared Isabela.
"No, no, no! She needed me to ruin her proposal! And then we did all this!" She spun around with her arms wide, showing off the new floral life around Casita.

Abuela grunted furiously, her teeth grinding in her mouth as the rest of the family slowly gathered around to hear the fight. Camilo walked up to you and latched onto your hand, fingers intertwined.

"Mirabel." Abuela was seriously mad now.
"-That's why I'm in the vision, I'm saving the miracle-!"
"You have to STOP, Mirabel!" Mira's face dropped into pure sadness and confusion. "The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you," slowly, the cracks started spreading again. Growing and inching through the walls. "Luisa's losing her powers! Isabela's out of control! Because of you! I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!"

Mirabel's voice cracked and broke as she hesitant her words. She started fidgeting with her fingers like she always did when she was nervous. You wanted so desperately to rush to her aid and hug her in comfort; but you couldn't do that. This was a fight between family, you weren't family. You weren't a Madrigal, no matter how hard you wanted to be.

"I will never be good enough for you. Will I?" Her body tensed up in fear and pain; her voice breaking as if she was fighting back tears. "No matter how hard I try?" Mirabel looked to her sisters, her cousins, her parents, and her aunt and uncle.
"No matter how hard any of us try! Luisa will never be strong enough! Isabela won't be perfect enough! Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him!"

Abuela was extremely offended by that statement, she recoiled before stamping forward to extenuate her words, "Bruno didn't care about this family!"
"He loves this family! I LOVE THIS FAMILY! We all LOVE this family!  You're the one that doesn't care!"

Mirabel's words cut deep, the house began falling apart around them; with tiles falling from the roof and the floors shaking vigorously as the town outside started to collapse.

"You're the one breaking our home-!"
"Don't you ever-!" Mirabel tried to say something more, but you had finally had enough of Abuela's bickering; you were sick of Abuela's abuse.

"THE MIRACLE IS DYING, BECAUSE OF YOU!" You finally kicked in, attracting the attention of everyone in the room. You stormed toward Abuela to defend Mirabel. Within seconds, the floor between myself and Mirabel and Abuela split. I reached for Mirabel as Abuela stepped backwards to avoid the split as it grew deeper and deeper. The cracks etched up the walls, making their way to the candle window...