VILLAINESS CHOOSEN PATH

Episode 5| HER POV

Sophia gave me a glass of water after I calmed down.

There was still traces of tears and swellings in my eyes due to my excessive crying.

"The nightmare must have gave you a lot of shock miss" she worriedly spoke.

"Yeah, it is" I replied.

I couldn't believed that I'm back, more on that Sophia is alive.

"Sophia, can you give me a mirror?" I asked.

"Right away miss" she stood up immediately going to the vanity table.

I had to make sure, if this time around is the exact time....

"Here it is miss" Sophia carefully handed me the mirror.

I watched myself at the small mirror, as expected, I went back to the past where I am supposed to be engaged.

However at that time not one single suitor came for my hand in marriage making my parents embarassed and upset.

I was again blamed for my misfortune omen and was punished to be lock up at my room with no food and just water for several days. My only hope at that time was my maid Sophia.

Still, due to excessive hunger I fainted and got sick.

"Miss, your punishment has been uplifted however the marquis has restricted that the miss will not be allowed to go outside for a month" Sophia gently murmured. Her eyes look at me in sympathy however I did not falter instead I smiled at her as if this problem was no concern to me.

Afterall, I had deal with this before, but due to my naiveness, I had to suffer a great deal of heavy etiquette study and endure more of learning the emperial's standard conduct.

I never ask how my parents got the empire's property, from the excessive brainwashing, my purpose was to become the empress of the empire and bring my so called family to prosperity. Despite my bad luck, they had forcefully taught me everything a 'perfect noble daughter' should do.

And if they were someone to stand on my way, eliminate them with no mercy. Just like how father taught me.

"Its alright. I should use this time to make proper arrangements and soon leave this place" I said

Sophia swiftly turned her head and face me with a surprise and confusing look

"What do you mean miss?"

"I have enough of them manipulating me Sophia, its time that I should do something and leave this place. I can't stand them any longer"

Hearing this, Sophia teared up and held my hands in a affectionate manner.

"Whatever her miss decision is, this servant will follow!" she determinedly spoke.

She didn't ask why but I know she knew the reason, she had been with me since I was little, witnessed the things I've experienced and saw many unfortunate scenes a kid should have never experience.

She helped me through my darkest and hardest times.

And I blamed myself when she died trying to save me from being killed by my own father for my failure of ascending as the empress of the throne.

I returned her gesture.

'This time I will be the one saving you'.

I decided to choose a different path this time.

"Thank you for everything Sophia"

"Everything for the miss, I will always be there to accompany and obey"