ROMANTIC SUNSET

Episode 16 | THIRD POV

Unbeknownst to them they have arrive at the said destination.

Hazen went ahead first and stood in front of the carriage entrance to lend Veronica a gentlemanly hand.

Smiling at his gesture, Veronica held his hand firmly and step out of the carriage.

Outside was met with the bustling capital.

People who have noticed their arrival cast a curious glance at them. Upon realizing the familiar emblem of the Freitscheid ducal family, and the familiar son of the grand duke with a woman in hand, immediately they gossip with great interest in their eyes.

Hazen knew the impact of his actions in twisting the original route of the game, nevertheless he didn't care of the consequences and was proud to be hand in hand with his favourite character in the game.

He held her hand firmly noticing her stiff reaction from the people's gaze.

"You're not much of a venturer in this kind of occasion Miss Veronica? " He asked easing the atmosphere.

Two knights followed behind them as they started walking away from the prying gaze.

"Well, not much. Even if I wanted to. Responsibilities are bound to be priority than measly things" she responded with a grim tone.

"But I'm glad to get out this much even in the midst of an important meeting between you and m-my father" she stuttered looking away.

"Supposedly, but the Marquis probably took his time and has forgotten a guest waiting in tow in his office. Shouldn't this young master deserve to go out with the young miss whilst he return?? " he mocked while giving her a little grin.

That made Veronica chuckled and nodding her head in amusement.

In her mind she would have never thought to see him this way than when he was in his adult age. Yet she could see how the young man could steal the hearts of many women with just his outgoing and mischievous looks if he wants to. She knew Hazen was reclusive and tends to avoid physical contacts with people. If it includes work he wouldn't hesitate to use his charm to deceive his opponent be it that a man or a woman.

She was glad she was not his enemy in her past life and today was an exception as well.

The young man before her was brimmimg with youthfulness that it was hard to discern the adult Hazen and this Hazen in front of her.

"So, which place should we visit to? " he said planting his finger on his chin, thinking.

"Well what do you think should the young master visit to first?? " Veronica added tilting her head.

Hazen found her little gesture cute and was almost in a daze if it wasn't for her expecting look.

He bit his lip in concentration and thought of the landscape of the capital. There was a lot of places to visit to as the Empire of Zoryl was big and is brimming with its famous locations to visit for wealthy and foreign people from the other kingdoms.

Just like in his previous life, though life was 50/50, he certainly knew that even his own home country, Japan, was famous for its tourists spots.

But Veronica wasn't fond of places that are way too crowded or bedazzling that usual noble women find it eye-catching and attractive.

So he concluded.

"Shall we go to the sea shore?? " he advised.

Noting of his cautious and considerate way of choosing a suitable place, Veronica couldn't say no to that. After all it was something she would usually go to when she needs a time alone to herself. But he must have noticed her uncomfortable reaction earlier with the crowd and thus took a long time to think.

"Are you sure? Does it not bother for the young master to visit such a dull place? " she objected at the same time wanting to hear reassurance.

Hazen smiled sincerely "Why would it bother me? It's my favorite place to go to. And besides, I wouldn't want Miss Veronica to miss such beautiful sunset to naught. "

He reach his hands towards her.

"Shall we? " he asked with a light twinkle in his eyes.

Heart racing, Veronica was speechless and could only nod her head as affirmation.

Satisfied with her response, Hazen lead the both of them to the place he knew very well. It was a place near sea-side which he often comes to in the game whenever he wanted to look for the villainess. It was Veronica's favorite spot where few people come to visit and was not crowded. It was also a place where evening took place, a beautiful sunset dawn.

Thankful for his knowledge of the game, he walk patiently while Veronica in hand. His ears blushed from the contact as it away while padding towards the direction he intended for them to.

The knights behind them, could only shed a tear from the romantic display in front of them whilst guarding from any potential danger.

The streets was getting far away and Veronica noticed a few people around.

The sound of crashing waves met her ears and she look forward to see the dazzling familiar blue hue of the sea.

It was a long walk but the tacit silence was bearable and comfortable. Arriving finally at their destination, Hazen took her hand to watch the splendid scenery in front of them. The blue sea and the calming waves, the freshly scent that lingers their sorrounding.

"Wow" Veronica muttered, joy laced in her tone.

"Has Miss Veronica visited this place before? " Hazen innocently asked knowing fully well this was her favorite place.

"Yes. I just didn't thought that young master would actually come here. I thought Master Hazen would go to another direction other than this place. " she said, closing her eyes in sheer calmness.

"When was it that you last visited this place Miss Veronica? "

"It was a long time ago. But this place remains the same, I'm glad" she answered then her eyes open and glance towards Hazen.

"What about Master Hazen?" She questioned back.

"Me? Well I often come here to take a deep breather and watch the sun sets or rise. " he simply replied meeting her gaze.

She look at him with gentle eyes that he swore his heart almost leaped out.

He look away scratching the back of his neck, flustered. He couldn't count how many times he had blushed in front of his favorite character. Her affect on him was immense.

He could hear her chuckling, and even that made him more redder than he already was.

"Can we stay here for a while? " she said "If Master Hazen doesn't mind of course" she added with another words.

He shook his hands and nodded quickly

"Of course! Of course! We can stay here whatever Miss Veronica wants! "

"I don't want to burden you more... "

"Never! Miss Veronica will never be a burden to me! " he denied it again, assuring her of his truest intentions.

He look back and signalled for the knight.

The knight who have a picnic basket with him immediately walk towards them.

"Of course this date wouldn't be fun without food, since we'll be here I have my men ordered to get us some food" he casually explained

Then he proceeded to grab her hand gently and padded their way towards the white sandy beach.

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────
I already hate myself for always being on hiatus.
But my mind couldn't produce any good ideas or I'm just plain losing my mind at this point hehehe, kidding. Anyway here's another update for our sweet main characters that will soon-I mean nothing! Nothing will happen! Just continue reading ahem. (´~`)