A THREAT

Episode 17| THIRD POV

Hazen layed out the blanket perfectly on the sandy beach.

"We're the only ones here aside the knights, feel free to make yourself comfortable Miss Veronica" he said gesturing for her to sit along with him.

Veronica hummed in response and sat a few distance from him. It was to maintain modesty and to stop her beating heart from racing.

It wasn't even half a day and she was already a blushing mess towards the person she had been in her past life.

The sound of the calming waves as the skies turned orange hue, it was about time for the sun to set.

"Whoah, a perfect timing! " Hazen exclaimed

Veronica glance at the sight and let out an awe, she agreed, it was indeed a perfect timing.

Having to enjoy their moments in the beach Veronica and Hazen continue to converse while eating their snack.

It wasn't until Hazen was informed by his knight that his face turned to frown. He didn't want to end the night, he wanted to enjoy the evening with his favorite character but with the sudden report he have no choice but to go back.

Looking at the young woman engross in the clear sound of the seas, he vowed to himself to bring her more often in this place.

"Ahem. I apologise to break the peaceful atmosphere Miss Veronica but it seems that the Marquis has returned from his 'expedition' " he explained, a feeling of guilt laced in his tone.

In a brief span of time, he was already awestruck at the sight of his favorite character, in front of him who look peacefully serene.

Cursing silently at the people who made her life miserable, he look at her anticipating her response.

Veronica open her eyes, seemingly back to reality. Hearing Hazen's voice and his apologetic words she knew why.

"It's alright Master Hazen, you needn't apologise for something you didn't do. Afterall this day was supposed to be your meeting with the marquis" she said with a understanding tone.

'Maybe, but half of that was to meet you too'  he silently thought.

"Even then, I ought to apologise to M'lady, I promise I will treat M'lady to a more appropriate date, day and time" he considerately swore.

Reaching for her hand, he pulled her gently and both of them stood.

Veronica could only smile at his response before shaking her head.

The two of them headed towards the carriage.

"Will the Marquis mind if I had taken her daughter to a date??" Hazen jokingly said.

"That...well...if its Master Hazen he wouldn't mind at all"

'Afterall he couldn't even touch Hazen if he wanted to.  Hazen was no fool to fall at a mouse trap'

Veronica thought to herself while looking away towards the carriage window. They were already far away from the shore and back to the capital's streets.

The sound of the bustling crowds was an enough sign.

It only took 30 minutes arriving at the Rochedale's manor. Hazen could see people at the entrance waiting and he knew one of them is the marquis.

He wasted no time exiting the carriage and helping Veronica down the step.

"Veronica! My dear! There you are!" The Marchioness yelled, walking towards her at a fast speed.