PLAY PRETEND

Episode 9 | THIRD POV

Sitting in the dining room along with the Marquis and the Marchioness, Veronica ate quitely while listening to the Marquis happily taking credits from her idea.

Just this morning, upon receiving the news of the Earl's death and his family vanishing to thin air

Veronica had thought that it would only end the Earl's behind bars, but she didn't expect the outcome to be so much more however she didn't sympathize and was instead slightly satisfied, she wanted it to be more than just kill and disappear

She wanted the Earl's to suffer be it physically and mentally. She wanted to see his family crumple to bottom and beg in humiliation.

It was a bit disappointing that the person had to let them off so easily like that.

Nonetheless Veronica couldn't do much, for now.

"His Majesty saw us in favorability, now that we're in the spotlight, its easy for us now to make  connections and settle arrangements"

Hearing from the Marquis, it didn't take long for Veronica to understand his underlying meaning.

'I'm not a fool to ignore your riddled words Marquis'

She thought while pretending not to understand the Marquis and ate quitely as possible

"Ho ho, who would have thought that bastard would fall to his own demise" the Marchioness sneered

"Whoever that person he affiliated with must be someone from a higher ranking"

"Seeing how they can easily eliminate a possible threat to their plan its plausible that the person might be from the underground"

"Maybe, but people from the underground are reckless, if they want to attain something then they would have done it their own way and not waste time from a mediocre Earl"

"Well its the Earl's bottompit and its not ours to meddle any more."

"Right."

Silence engulf for a while and Veronica wanted nothing more but to leave and take in whatever the Marquis and the Marchioness had spoken into account.

It seemed the Marquis have had connections with the underground seeing how he can detect the difference between a person from a high ranking to a person living in the underground.

If that was the case, then its possible that he had colluded with powerful people to take down several families in her previous life.

And even made rumours about her.

This time, now that the Earl is gone the Emperor must have gained a slight favorability with Marquis Rochedale, if it wasn't for her immediate actions to take down Earl Harrington then Marquis Rochedale might have proceeded to contact the crown prince and make a deal out of something.

And that something was her to be engaged with him, and with their support the crown prince would have gained another supporter to his faction.

Remembering her previous life full of misery and betrayal she cannot let it happen in this second current life.

She had to escape before anything happens and use her as a bait.

However she cannot let the Marquis have his own way and have a victorious life.

"Veronica"

His voice still made her chill to the bone but she didn't let it show.

"Yes F-father?"

"You've wasted three weeks doing nothing but eat and sleep, have you even gone to your etiquette classes?"

"T-the schedule was change father due to some circumstances in our Marquisate manor" she reasoned lowering her head.

"Just because there are circumstances doesn't mean you don't have to attend etiquette classes Veronica!"

The Marchioness anguish voice heightened and Veronica's head lowered even more, however amidst to them they missed her smirk while pretending to be afraid.

'Missing etiquettes? Those people didn't even appeared in the first place and now they're putting the blame on me?'

"I'm s-sorry" she stuttered pitifully.

"Leave! Seeing your face made me lose appetite!" the Marchioness scowled

"Negligence will only lead you to nothing Veronica, if you want our attention that badly, then make yourself useful"

The Marquis words made Veronica frown, it was like a deja vu.

She had countered a seemingly similar situation except this time she was in front of them, dining.

Veronica stood from her seat, head still lowered

"I understand"

She responded with resigned tone.

Leaving the dining room, Veronica walk through the hallways with a murderous aura.

Her stomach lurched as she tried not to vomit all the disgusting meal she had to eat earlier or else she would be lock up again for being ingrate.

They didn't even care if she has to eat spoil, bland food.

Veronica crumpled her hand into fist.

"Useful you say? I will make sure that I'll be useful enough to torment you all" she spat venomously.

****

Leaving the office, Hazen walk through the hallways with powerful strides.

Ispenel on the other hand had to keep up with his young master's haste footsteps.

In the first place, the young master was busily finishing some documents in hand when a sudden report came.

It was none other than the crown prince visiting without prior appointment and this made the young master left in haste with frustration.

Hazen arrived at the parlor where the crown prince seated in a calmly manner, as if his sudden appearance did not shock the whole ducal mansion.

"I greet his highness the crown prince" Hazen lowered himself 90° showing his slight dissatisfaction.

But the crown prince only smiled as if the scenario infront of him was done multiple times.

"You don't need to lower yourself cousin" his tone along was filled with mockery.

"Well if that person had only made an appointment then I wouldn't have come in haste from work, crown prince" Hazen fired back.

"Haha! Just so you know, I don't need it. It would only ruin the fun"

"Yeah, fun your ass."

Hazen strode towards the chair across the crown prince and sat with a stoic face.

"What are you here for, William?"

"Not using honorifics are we?"

Hazen tried so hard not to lose his patience toward this male lead in front of him.

Even if they were relative by emperial blood, he was still the male lead who had killed the villainess in the otome game and had his family exiled.

Although he would prevent it somehow, but this male lead infront of him was daring and irritating.

"Did you just come here to purposely disturb the whole ducal manor?"

The crown prince,William, pretended to think.

"Hmmm.. What do you think? Maybe?"

______________
__________
CHAPTER UPDATE