DOWNFALL

Episode 21| THIRD POV>>THE PAST

Hazen did not hide his hatred and disgust. Glancing at the two people depending on each other like pathetic heroes, he let out a mocking laugh.

"Well, all of you contributed to her death. It's funny really,  pretending like a decent person with no ill intentions and fooling everybody that all of you are honest and kind. I applaud you all to death! " he yelled sarcastically.

The Emperor who has been silent the whole time made himself present.

"But Hazen, this is not the right approach. You can punish us all but not the citizens of this empire!" He tried to reason.

William look at his father then at Hazen, somehow he had already guessed the reason for such horrible act.

"Veronica. Was this the reason for committing a lawful crime Hazen?!" he spat.

"That woman tried to dethrone my father and even poisoned Collete! She tried murdering the imperial family and colluding with the enemies!" William told as he glare at his supposed cousin.

"She deserve to die after what she did! Almost putting the empire to ruins!" He breathed deeply while also clutching Collete's hand to make sure she was safe behind him.

The words, the gestures, everything that William had spoken only ignited the massive fire.

The entire palace shake surprising everyone and the humanoid shadow figures abruptly change into a bigger form. The atmosphere was getting tighter and tighter that even those normal people have difficulty in breathing.

"What is this?!"

Each people look everywhere trying to process what's happening around them and by the time they realize it came from Hazen, the man emitted a dangerous power that even divine users could not withstand. Not even the Emperor himself or William. Members of the temple stumbled down, each of them praying, calling for their gods to save them.

Hazen laugh hysterically almost out of his mind. His eyes bore immediately to William.

"Is that what you told them William? , was it the Marquis that told you to spread this rumours?? Ha. "

"Uck!"

With his hand outstretched, the said Marquis floated above and was immediately brought in front. The Marquis struggled to break free from the invisible force that was choking him.

Eyes red, face ghastly pale from the force pressure and veins popping out from his neck.

Hazen fist his clench hand tighter, showing everyone the power he holds.

"I've been holding back but I supposed I shouldn't have done that, in the end, the woman you all called a cursed is dead!. Burned like she was a witch, tortured like she was a horrendous criminal and spat curses like she was some sort of a savage beast!. This man here! I couldn't believe all of you believed his words" Hazen growled with flaming anger.

The present people who struggled to break free from his intense aura looked down in guilt. True, they believed him but they were also victims of the Marquis schemes!

"We apologise! We did what we did because the Marquis told us that Miss Rochedale possessed a curse and that she was to be eliminated! " one of the priest prostrated before him.

"Yes yes! We are victims too! We sincerely apologize Master Hazen! Forgive us!" And another followed.

"Forgive us Master Hazen! "

"Have mercy! "

One by one, the members of the temple followed each other's movement and lowered their whole body across the seething man.