Chapter Thirteen- Well, You Have To Start Somewhere

Chapter thirteen- well, you have to start somewhere
***************************** 

SHANES P.O.V.

If Ali doesn't sit down soon, she's going to give herself and me a fucking heart attack. The idiot's only been awake for two days, and out of hospital for one, yet she's been busy all morning planning opporation 'kick the jackass, AKA Couteau, into the next century' - as she likes to call it. Seriously, I practically growled when I saw her trying to carry about 20 guns, big and small, and a load of knives that were clearly too heavy for her, into the room. Sighing, I ran over too her, taking the weapons and dumping them into the suitcase. With a glare that used to genuinely scare the shit out of me, Ali turned and looked at me. 
"Do we really need this many weapons Ali? Oh, and before you threaten me, a month of doing nothing but sleeping seems to have taken it's toll on your strength. Don't even try and tell me you weren't struggling to carry all that" I said sternly with a glare of my own. After a short staring match Ali sighed with defeat and opened her arms and pouted, gesturing for a hug. I obliged and carried her over to the sofa, where she sat on my lap and nestled her head into the crook of my neck. She sighed.
"What am I going to do Shay? I can trust Sax, Kurt, Jay and you to look after yourself's, but I don't wan't to put Lu and Fee in that danger" She asked, sounding so different than the normal, strong Ali I'm so used to. She sounded pained, vunerable...I hated it.
"Don't worry. They both know basic self deffence. Not enough to help them in a serious fight but they can be kept inside and protected by us. You know as well as I do it's more dangerous to leave them here on their own" I said softly, brushing her long hair out of her face. She nodded in agreement. She paused for a moment and I saw a single tear drop down her cheek. My heart lurched painfully.
"I just feel so helpless Shane. I'm no where near as strong as I should be at the moment. As much as we need to go after him soon if we still want the element of surprise, I-I don't think I'm ready..." Ali sobbed. Automatically I wrapped my arms round her tighter, whispering comforting things into her ear. Seeing her like this made my heart feel like someone just tore it out of my chest and cut it in half. Her emotional pain became my physical pain and all that shit. Now I know the true meaning of for better or for worse. After crying for a while longer she looked up at me wiith sad and swollen eyes and kissed me passionately.
"Make me feel better Shay. Please"

 Three hours later 

ALICIAS P.O.V.

"Good Fee! Make sure you don't hit with your knuckles- you could pop a couple out or shatter them - and trust me sweetheart, it hurts" Shay said to his little sister with a wince. I smiled. He was teaching her how to fight a bit more without a weapon, as he refuses to give her anything more than a pocket knife. Understandable, since she's only an innocent nine year old. Despite my foul mood, I had to laugh when she almost knocked him off his feet with her next punch. 

While nobody was looking, I quickly snuck out my phone and netbook- getting back to planning that trip. Shane will probably destroy them if he see's me working again, but hey, it needs to be done... that, and it distracts me from the miniature break down I had earlier. Shay did distract me well, but Coateau is still out there and needs to be destroyed for what he put my friends and family through. He won't know what hit him...... Asshole

***************** 

sorry it's so short! I'm absolutely crackered but I pinky promise the next one will be longer! Vote, fan, comment :) it'll be surprising if I get any of those after being out for so long but still :L 
Peace out
M.M. Xx