Chapter Four - Playing Nurse

*****The first fight******

As Alicia stood in the cage, the sound of cheers was deafening. Everyone had heard about her being back, and she could feel the excitement. Her first opponent was muscled but only about 5'5 ft tall, though Ali judged him to be only around 15; he definitely had time to grow, and judging by the size of his dad and brother on the sidelines, he would. She knew how dangerous it could be to underestimate someone in the ring though, herself being a perfect example as one of the few women in the area, and he wouldn't be standing in front of her if he wasn't good. As the bell rung, the boy tried to punch her jaw straight away. Bold. A rookie move, but bold.  Alicia dodged it, surprised by how close the boy got to landing a hit on her,  then swung her foot round and kicked him. The fight only lasted for a couple of minutes; he was good, there was no doubt about that, but she was too practiced for him to land too many hits. Alicia's jaw nearly hit the floor when he thanked her for a good fight afterwards, making Shane chuckle on the sidelines; she couldn't help but respect a guy who could take a loss so graciously, it was a nice change from the usual cursing, spitting and glaring. Shane happened to think her shock was cute, but it was like a  switch had flicked in his brain as he hadn't been able to stop staring at her since she'd got there, so he was also starting to think he might be a little biased. 

With round one to Ali, she had five more to go. Looking at the benches, it seemed they'd decided to save saved Shane until last. Best till last. Despite their new situation, Alicia grinned. If he really was the best in the club, she reasoned he might put up more of a fight than the rest; a prospect that excited her. He smirked as he looked at her, as if reading her thoughts.
'Bring it on, bitch'  Ali mouthed. His smirk widened.
'You're on, baby' 

******45minutes later*******

"Ouch" Shane grumbled, as the 'doctor' wrapped up his leg. Both ignored each other; she wasn't a real doctor and he was a criminal, it's just how it was here. Anyway, there was something he found far more interesting in the arena. A heavy rap song came blasting through the speakers, with an announcement that 'Snake' was the new Champ. Shane couldn't bring himself to feel mad that he'd lost when she started dancing to it like she was still in the club they'd been in earlier; he couldn't take his eyes off her. Then again, neither could anyone else. Midway through she laughed, signalling that she was going to stop, then pulled herself over the top of the high cage wire. Shane nearly groaned, until he realized she was walking straight over to him with a faked innocent smile. She knew full well that her dancing would get to people, but there was one in particular she'd wanted to mess with; the same one who could see the hint of mischief behind the faux-innocence. 
"Are you okay? Sorry for kicking your ass pretty boy, but I have a rep to keep" She laughed.
"You deserved the win, and you hit way harder than anyone could expect. I'm just happy I managed a few hits on the oh so great snake" He joked. She smiled genuinely at that.
"You sure you're alright? I didn't hold back and your side is swelling" She said after a pause. Shane pretended to look hurt, pouting.  
"No, I'm not... But, I will be if you bring me around yours for junk food?"he replied, changing to a grin.  
"Fine you big baby, you can come round mine so I can whoop your ass at C.O.D." Ali replied with a glint in her eye. Shane rolled my eyes. Of course she's competitive at that too. 

They played around on a couple of different games consoles until about 11pm, when Alicia suddenly dropped the controller with an exaggerated sigh. 
"Shaneee" She whined, putting on a puppy dog face. How can someone with one of the biggest criminal records he knew of look so innocent?  
"What?"  
"Do you want to come to the beach with me? I have an awesome beach house 20 miles from here" Shane pretended to think about it. In reality, the prospect of being alone on a beach with a new friend would be good enough; never mind one who's both attractive and trying to make up for the fact that she nearly broke his damn leg.
"Please" She fake begged, smiling "We can go in my hot tub? It might help"  
"Sure" he replied eventually, smiling genuinely before wincing as he tried to get up
"Just help me up first"