Chapter Sixteen- Bye Bye Benoît

Chapter sixteen

Coateau sat in his favoutite chair in his favourite mansion, relaxing at the end of a hectic day. He'd heard news of Snake waking up, and he had a bad feeling about it. For the moment he was safe though. Her little boyfriend was probably keeping her in England for a while to recover, as he hadn't heard any news of her entering Italy or wondering Rome from one of his many informants.

Suddenly, a knock on his bedroom door snapped Coateau out of his thoughts. Angrily, he shouted enter in French, momentarilly forgetting that his current servants were Italian. When the door opened his jaw dropped. 

"Miss me Coat-rack?" Snake said with a smirk, raising a gun in each hand. 

"It's Coateau you little bitch" He replied in heavily accented English then stood up. 

"I know what I said" She replied, taking a step closer and allowing two young, heavily armed men step in behind her. Coateau recognised one of them as 'bulldog'. In other words, her little boyfriend that looked like he would happily pull the trigger on him right now. The other man looked in pain, and after a couple of seconds of observation Coateau realised he had been shot in the shoulder. Unfortunately for Coateau, he was still very much a threat and wore an equally murderous expression. To speak like the English, he was screwed.

Alicia could practically see the wheels turning in Coateau's mind behind his blank mask. Eventually he seemed to come to a conclusion and sighed in defeat.  

"Very well 'Snake'. Shoot me now, but at least complete my last request."  

Alicia raised a single hand to cut off the boys protests then motioned for him to continue. 

"Notify the police and media anonymously about my death. I want the whole world to know my name" Coateau said with a dreamy look in his eyes. Alicia could practically feel the shock rolling off Kurt and Shane behind her, but all she could feel was disgust for the man in front of her. He knew he couldn't escape his death so he wanted it to be memorable. Finally, she nodded.  

"Very well. You don't deserve it but I will complete your request. Kurt, Shay, turn around. You don't need to see this guys." Alicia replied, her voice taking on a softer tone when she spoke to the boys. They did as told and turned their backs to the room.  

"Goodbye Alicia Marie Smith" Coateau said softly with a smile. 

"Goodbye Benoît Hascal."Alicia replied with a small nod, then aimed her gun up to the serene looking Frenchmen and clicked the safety off. After a muted bang and a thud onto the carpet floor there was silence. Taking in a shaky breath, Alicia turned her back to the scene and tried to regain some composure. 

"Guys, you need to get out of there now. The asshole pushed an emergency button just before he croaked and security should get there in 9 minutes" Jason's voice commanded through the trio's earpiece's. Shane cursed under his breath. 

"Give us 3 minutes Jay" he quickly spoke into his mic then gently tapped Alicia on the shoulder. 

"Baby, we need to go"

****** 

The flight back home was quiet. There was an undeniable sense of relief that filled eveyone. Exept Alicia. She felt guiltily for shooting Coateau, even though he had put everyone she cared about through hell and back. She had always thought her feeling of guilt if the rare occasion arose where she had to kill someone made her different to the 'bad guys', but now she wished she could kill without remorse. It would make her life so much easier.Alicia kept a tally tattooed down her spine of how many people she has had no choice but to kill, it's either kill or be killed in this world, and it filled her with dread at the thought of having to add one more little black line. It may be her way of paying her respects and keeping a sane mind but it didn't mean she had to like it.

Shane looked at Alicia. He could tell she felt guilty about shooting Coateau and he hated seeing her like that. They were on a private jet being driven by a friend of hers, and it was oddly quiet now all the others had fallen asleep. Giving up on the idea of giving Alicia some space, Shane got up and sat next to her, wrapping an arm round her waist and burying his face in her hair. He couldn't just leave her so upset, he needed to comfort her.

ALICIAS P.O.V. 

I hate it. It's too quiet and the guilt is practically eating me alive! To be honest, I don't know whether to cry my eyes out, punch someone, or just scream in frustration. I need Shay, but he's probably asleep. I don't want him to worry about me.

After god knows how long, I felt a strong arm wap around my waist, pulling me closer, and a face buried in my hair. It was that familiar smell. Shay. Breathing a sigh of relief I leant into his chest, finding comfort in how much bigger he was than me and how easily his arms fit around my body. It won't be easy but I'll get through this. As long as I have Shay I won't break. Never. 

-//////////-

AN:// Soooo, whatya think? Oh plus, just thought u guys should know this but my grandad doesn't have leukaemia! They still don't know what's wrong but at least it's not that :) OH and I'm getting a purple streak in my hair xD the only one that isn't surprised is my other grandad- he asked why I hadn't done it sooner (I love that wonderful man) :L ANYWAY enough about me! Comment, fan, vote and check out my other storys ;)

Peace Out

M.M. xx