Chapter Two - Payback

Sax dragged the reluctant Alicia to geography room 8, then pushed her through the door with his arm slung over her shoulder; Ali was convinced this was to prevent her from running off, and she wasn't wrong. Their teacher, Miss Bry, looked at the duo and sighed. "Samuel Harro, this room is for students in this class only. I suggest you 'get with' girls in your own time, and get to my lesson on time instead" She scowled. Alicia smirked and turned to face her friend, slipping out of his grip. "Really, you turned into a hoe while I was gone?" she stated more than asked, her voice filled with obvious amusement. Sax shrugged with a smirk.
"What can I say. Without my partner in crime here, I had to find other ways to amuse myself"
Alicia laughed, "Hmm, I bet you did". Sax looked her up and down jokingly, "anyway, I learnt from the best". He'd got her there, she was the biggest slut she knew. As much as she hated the promiscuous stereotypes of bisexuality, she knew she fulfilled it. With a roll of her eyes and a raised brow, she finally turned to face Miss Bry.
"I wasn't hooking up with him, he's been my best friend for years- I'm the new student in this crap hole, Alicia Marie Smith, recently moved back to the area. Ring any bells?". The unfortunate teacher froze.
"-I'm sorry Alicia. Please take a seat anywhere you like" She said laughing nervously, a fake smile on her face. Ignoring the shocked and dumbfounded looks from the rest of the class, the duo sat on two of the empty seats near the back. Alicia was never good at first impressions.

By the time the teacher had managed to continue the lesson and get the class to stop gossiping, Alicia had finally had enough of Sax's nervous twitching "Seriously man what the hell is wrong with you" she muttered, shuffling closer, "I've never known you to get anxious about being the center of attention". He sighed, leaning his head on her shoulder as he thought about his response. They'd always had a touchy relationship, and not seeing each other as often as they'd have liked hadn't changed that, but their classmates hadn't realized how platonic their friendship was judging from the looks they were getting. Oh well.
"The dude that normally sits here beat me in a fight last night, and he's known for snapping on regular guys that annoy him too. He's the champ round here" Sax finally whispered in reply. Ali let that sink in.
"He beat you? You've been slipping since I was gone" She joked, before turning more serious"What you're saying is you're scared of this dude". Sax scowled at that.
"Not scared... cautious" He replied, obviously embarrassed. Alicia sighed, before going back to being less serious; Sax being emotional in a way that wasn't angry was something she didn't know how to deal with at the best of times, never mind in a crowded classroom filled with people unsuccessfully trying to listen in.
"Don't worry, Auntie Ali is here to protect you now" she replied eventually, patting his back patronizingly before shifting away, ending the conversation. Sax chuckled, used to his friend's antics. He couldn't resist mouthing a few joking insults at her though, before they both, to the shock of everyone around them, got on with their work.

After 10 minutes of notes and boredom, the classroom door burst open once again, revealing a muscled guy who looked well over 6ft tall. Miss Bry had truly had enough of this class. His face carried an over-confident smirk that Alicia instantly wanted to slap off, despite facing the angry wrath of their teacher. His jawline was to die for and filled in with a hint of stubble, cheekbones high, and messy dark blonde hair framed his head; if this was any other circumstance, Alicia would be trying to get his clothes off and him on her. However, despite his annoyingly perfect appearance, the realization that this was the person who beat her best friend put a sobering stop to that. When his eyes eventually landed on the duo they narrowed. Alicia simply raised her eyebrows in response, which did nothing but anger the man, who turned bright red and stormed over. "Move it" was all he snarled, even baring his teeth slightly. God, even his voice was perfect. Ali glared at Sax, a silent order to stay where he was, and turned to face the tomato-headed man in front of her. "You know what mate, I'd rather not. I'm really quite comfortable here" she replied, with an overly-polite smile. That seemed to be the final straw for the mystery man, who took a step closer. Alicia remained relaxed, but his movement was purposeful and predatory; she could see why other people feared him. Both ignored their teacher rushing out of the classroom, they knew she'd be calling security but seemingly neither of them cared.He looked pointedly at her wrist. 
"Move it, or I won't hesitate to hit you. You're a girl, so I wouldn't normally, but clearly you should know better" he stated coldly, to which Alicia let out a forced laugh. His look made her realise the lower portion of her tattoo was visible, and he clearly recognised it if he was willing to punch her; luckily, the main tattoo remained hidden.
"Go on then" she stood up, seemingly unbothered, but anyone looking hard enough would notice the cold anger in her eyes. "Free hit".
As the man pulled his fist back, the class seemingly held their breath in unison. Alicia couldn't blame them; her arrival was likely the most interesting thing that had happened in years. With an ease that showed the move was done often, Alicia deflected the fist before immediately punching him square on his jaw; he was stronger, undoubtedly, but she was faster. Part of Alicia hoped she hadn't broken his cute nose, a thought she quickly ignored. Not the time Ali. Tense silence descended on the class as the man touched a hand to his cheek, a reaction they weren't expecting. They were used to his interruptions and fights, but this, this was new.
"Ever try any shit like that on me, or any of my friends, again and you will become the next person I hospitalize in my life. That clear?" Alicia snarled quietly, not realizing her sleeve had rolled up further. The man nodded weakly, with a thoughtful gaze on Alicia's wrist, before sitting in the only other spare chair in front of her.

Miss Bry arrived back with security, expecting shouting, punching, and carnage; the only scene she wasn't prepared for was silence and everyone in their seats. She sighed. She knew she'd missed something, but she was too underpaid to care what that was, so she settled for confusedly dismissing the security and muttering about detentions if anyone else interrupted. It had been a long day already. As soon as the teacher had continued her lesson, Sax roughly grabbed Alicia's arm with a worried look. Before Ali could question it, he pointedly showed her his own wrist before covering hers back up. Ah, Alicia thought, fuck. The tattoo on her wrist itself was one all fighters recognized; it was a symbol of her uncle's warehouse, and the reason she nearly got punched. That didn't bother her. However, unfortunately for Alicia, most of them also recognised the tattoo just above; a thin black snake wrapped around her deceptively delicate looking arm, with her initial's underneath that. It was her tag, and he'd recognized her.

^^^^^^^^^

Alicia was slightly shaken for the rest of the day, she wasn't expecting her less than legal career to be discovered just yet. Fortunately, though, the remainder of her classes were much less dramatic. She found another old friend in her advanced maths class, and unlike Sax, she'd had no idea Lucy went to her new school. They'd lost contact for a few years, but it felt like nothing had changed when they Alicia drove them both back to her house, something they were both grateful for. Lucy's parents weren't thrilled, she heard a significant amount of mandarin swear words when Lu had rung to tell them, but both ignored it; they were too happy to be catching up, so Lucy decided she'd deal with the wrath later.

"You know Shane?" Lu said after a while, pausing her attempts to throw and catch popcorn in her mouth. Alicia looked at her confusedly. "I've been to one day of this school, the only names I know are yours and Sax's". Lucy rolled her eyes. 
"The one you punched, idiot". 
"Ah." 
"He recognised you, didn't he?" She asked quietly. Ali sighed and nodded. 
"I think so, yeah"
"Don't worry too much, I doubt he'd say anything; you never hear anything about his home-life around school, so clearly him and his friends knows how to keep their mouths shut. Anyway, you've got to admit he's still pretty hot; maybe he has a thing for girls who can break his face"
Ali couldn't help the bubble of laughter from that, not helped by Lu waggling her brows jokingly.
"Look, we both know what I'm like, and I absolutely still would if you know what I mean" she paused as she mimicked her friend's brow movements, making Lucy laugh "-but that doesn't change his personality does it? Anyway, I try to avoid dating other fighters; it makes it harder to punch them. I already don't want to damage his pretty face"
"True that" Lu nodded in agreement, before continuing their girls night. Alicia hadn't realised how much she'd missed this. 

______________________________________________________

Hi guys, it's hinted to in a bit, but now I've changed this chapter to clarify that Alicia is not straight. I'm also bi, and because my friendship group is very LGBT filled I sometimes forget other people won't notice more subtle hints, which is my main reason for changing it!! 
Also added some minor character descriptions. I was too lazy to describe Lucy properly, but I named her that thanks to my teenage crush on Lucy Liu (Charlies Angels was the best and that woman hasn't aged) if you want to know what I see her looking like. 

Edit 2: 11/07/2020- still not a fan of Shane trying to punch her now I'm an adult who thinks this was a terrible plot point, but I've tried to edit it to make it less terrible / stop me from hating him a lil bit. 

M.M xxxx