01

I stood by the door and rocked back and forth on my feet

I stood by the door and rocked back and forth on my feet. Alex told me not to go anywhere without her. This is the first time she's brought me with her to her job at the venue; it was huge. She helps set up even though she's just a guard.

I've always wanted to come with her because I wanted to explore around the big space without other people there, but once we got inside she told me not to leave her side which completely ruined my plans. I only came because I wanted to explore with her but she seemed really interested in cleaning and setting up a green room.

"Quit that." I heard her say without even turning to look at me.

I huffed and stopped moving, leaning against the wall unhappily.

"I'm bored." I told my girlfriend, looking around the room for something to distract myself with.

She didn't respond so I sighed and glanced out if the door. "I have to go to the bathroom." I said.

This finally cause her to turn and look back at me. "Hm, really?" She interrogated.

"Yes 'really.'" I mocked with a frown. She sighed and looked back at the green room that was almost ready.

"Be quick, we have to get going soon." She said, I nodded and turned to the door, keeping a normal pace until I was out of view, then I sped up.

I past the bathrooms and walked down the long echo-y hallway. There were plaques on the wall displaying different artists names along with pictures to match.

I slowed down again so that I could read each one I passed. I snapped a few pictures of ones I thought were cool and soon enough found myself facing a door that read "backstage."

I placed my hand over the handle and hesitated before pushing open the door. The lights were all off so I pulled out my phone for a flashlight. I didn't fully step into the open area until I found the light switch.

I giggled as I watched them all turn on and let the door shut behind me. I peeked around at all of the equipment and held myself back from touching all of the buttons near the stage. I walked out onto the stage; it was weird seeing it from this point if view.

The stadium that surrounded it was giant, I felt so small in the empty space. I continued to walk down the stage until I got to the end where I sat down on the edge so I could hop off easily.

That was until I heard a door slam shut from the direction I came in.

"Zero Dorothy Walker!" I heard Alex call out my full name from back stage.

Oh shit.

I slid off the stage and ran to the nearest door, which was quite far away. I'm already going to be in trouble so I might as well avoid it until I can't anymore.

"Turn around this instant!" Alex yelled, I turned around to see her jumping off of the stage.

She's much faster than me so I doubt I'll be able to keep this up for very long. Finally, I reached the door and pushed it open with Alex catching up quickly.

I could feel my heart beat speeding up as I sprinted down the hallway, looking behind me to see Alex push open the door that I had just come through.

Without paying attention I turned a corner and in less than a second I had bumped into someone and fallen backwards onto the floor.

I whined and picked my hands up that I had used to try and catch my fall. Instead of actually catching myself I just bruised them against the concrete flooring.

I looked up to see who I could've possible ran into, I thought that the venue was empty. My jaw dropped at the woman in front of me and I couldn't get myself to move.

"Oh goodness! Are you okay, love?" The woman reached her hand out and helped me up.

I didn't know Billie fucking Eilish was going to perform here anytime soon.

I took my hands back and hissed at the stinging feeling that ran through my palm. Just as Billie reached out to examine my hands I heard Alex call out my name again and turn the corner with a stern look which dropped completely when she saw Billie.

"Oh, Alex, hello." Billie greeted with a smile only causing me to gain even more shock.

Why is she greeting my girlfriend like they know each other?

"Billie! I'm so sorry she was supposed to stay with me, we were about to leave when she ran off." Alex glared at me during the last bit, indirectly scolding me for my actions.

My face flushed and Billie let out a laugh. "That's okay, I understand." She smiled at Alex and looked back at me. "It's fun to explore, huh?" Her comment only made me blush more.

"Zero, right?" Billie asked, I nodded. "Well, Zero, let's not run next time, okay? Don't want to get hurt." She smiled and took a step back.

"Bye Alex! See you tomorrow!" She waved and walked in the opposite direction of us before turning back and waving towards me. "Bye Zero."

I smiled and lifted my hand to wave back but before I could Alex took it and spun me around.

Yikes, forgot about that...

"What did I tell you when we got here?" She scolded and pulled me along towards the back exit.

"Not to run off and to stay with you." I mumbled, hanging my head down in guilt.

"And what did you do?" She asked.

"Run off." I whispered.

She sighed as we reached the door and crouched down to look up at me.

"Hey, don't pout I'm not angry that you ran off, I'm upset that you ran away from me when I told you to come back. I know you wanted to explore but some staff didn't show last night which meant I had to cover. I promise we can explore next time, okay?" She explained with an exhausted sigh.

I nodded and pulled her into a hug as she stood up. She gave me a quick squeeze before letting me go and leading us out to the car where she got in the drivers seat and I got in the passengers.

"So, you know about Billie." Alex started.
"She knew you." I said and she nodded.

"I was going to tell you tonight; She last minute booked a show for Saturday to make up for a  different date that she lost. One of her body guards recently got fired so the agency asked if I could fill in for a bit, just while she's here." She kept it short and simple but I feel like it's because she doesn't really know what's happening just as much as me.

"When's her show?" I asked.
"Just in four days actually." She answered.
"Can I see her again?" A hopeful smile grew on my face.

"Well, you're grounded-"

"What?!" I cut her off and she glanced at me before looking back at the road.

"You're grounded because of what you pulled back there, don't argue that it's not fair because you knew what you were getting into." She explained.

I only crossed my arms and slumped down in the seat.

"But," She added, "I want you to stay with me at all times, since clearly you need to get used to it, which means we'll be going back. I'm sure you'll have the chance to talk to her again, just remember she's there to work too. If you see that she's busy, try not to bother her. I'll have to talk about you coming to the show but I'm sure it'll be fine we just need to get you a pass so other security won't stop you."

"Okay." Was all I said.

I was really excited actually, usually when I'm grounded I just stay at the apartment for like three days straight and it gets boring really quick. Now I'll be able to leave the house and hang out with the Billie Eilish.

I mean, we're not really hanging out. I probably won't talk to her at all but we'll be in the same building and she'll know I'm there which is like the same thing. Plus, she knows my name!

-