08

I grumbled watching and listening to everyone work around me

I grumbled watching and listening to everyone work around me. We had gotten breakfast a few hours earlier and I had vegan waffles and some fruit. It was delicious and definitely filled me up, but I was beyond bored. I hadn't seen Alex, I knew she was here but Billie made it her personal mission to make sure I wouldn't be around her and she wouldn't be around me. Billie had told her parents and her brother and a few others on the team about my situation and Billie's word is law, so not only was she making sure I wasn't around Alex; everyone else was.

Which is fine, I'm glad I don't have to deal with her, but everyone is taking it a little too far. I can't go anywhere without an escort and I'm supposed to tell everyone where I am at all times. I like being around Billie, but I also need my personal space sometimes and right now I'm not getting that.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I announced, trying my best just to get away from everyone.

Billie glanced up from the paper she was looking at and scanned the room before setting her eyes on Laura, another person on the team.

"Laura, could you go with her?" Billie asked to which she nodded and stood up.

I screamed internally, but smiled and gave a nod of my head as a greeting.

Billie and everyone else in the room starting talking business again while me and Laura left the area to go down the hall and to the bathrooms. We made it there quickly and the two of us walked into the public restrooms. Laura stood by the sinks while I went into the stall.

I quickly did my business but right as I finished an idea popped up into my head.

"Hey Laura?" I asked out loud.

"Hm?" She responded.

I praised myself for being a genius before saying, "Could you go get me a pad? I forgot to bring one."

"Oh!" Laura reacted, "Of course, I'll be right back." She said.

Once I heard the door shut I pulled up my skirt and rushed out of the stall to wash my hands. I dried them off and peeked out of the bathroom to see if it was clear before bolting down the opposite end of the hallway from where the team was.

I walked to the back exit and made sure I had my security pass on me before pushing the door open and tucking the pass under my shirt. I could hear chatter coming from the front of the venue.

People must have already lined up for the show tonight, I thought.

I patted down my pockets and realized I had left all of my belongings in the room Billie was in. The only thing I had was my security pass. I didn't want to go back in, in fear that I would be under even heavier watch than when I had slipped away. I took a deep breath and ignored my anxiety as I stepped out into the street and looped around to the front of the building.

I was met with a long line of people all chatting and even singing as they waited for the show to start. I would have probably been among the people in line if i hadn't met Billie a few days ago. I walked by the line, glancing at everyone I passed and fiddled with my hands. I would have been swiping away at my phone if I had it with me.