14

It was so warm, so incredibly comfortable

It was so warm, so incredibly comfortable. My hands held soft fabric loosely, my head tucked into the warmest pocket of space I could find. I could feel Winston pressed up against my stomach as I pressed against Billie. I stirred in my place against her and tried to get impossibly closer.

"We have to wake up soon, love." She whispered then chuckled lightly. "You gotta let go."

I realized the fabric I was holding wasn't the bed sheets, it was Billie's Button-up shirt. I hummed in response, yet I didn't move at all. After a few moments I felt her relax and listened to her sigh. "I guess a few more minutes wouldn't hurt, would they?" She mumbled. Her hand drifted up to my arm, her nails lightly dragging across it.

I let myself relax more as well, taking a deep breath and attempting to recollect what I could remember of my dream. As I fell back asleep, I listened to Billie's quiet breaths and drowned myself in her warmth.

When I awoke again, I could still smell her familiar vanilla scent, but her presence was gone. My hands were still accompanied by fabric, I pulled it close to me and opened my eyes. Her button-up had been discarded and left in my hands, but she herself was no where to be found.

I frowned and sat up, Winston tumbling off of my lap in the process. The room was quiet and the bathroom was unoccupied.

Where is she?

After a few moments of hesitation, I slid the covers off of me and draped my legs over the edge of the bed. I stood up, still holding her discarded shirt. I took another look around the room before checking the bathroom. Once I decided she wasn't in the room, I stood face-to-facd with the room door. I took one step forward; slow, quiet. Then another, and another, until I was reaching for the handle.

Suddenly, the door pushed open and I quickly moved out of the way, careful not to stumble backwards from the scare.

I was met with Billie who was already dressed and ready for the day, and surprised to see me up as well. "Careful!" She warned, smiling playfully and grabbing my wrists together gently as I steadied myself. "I didn't mean to scare you." She said, letting go of me and walking over to her suitcase and bags.

I didn't respond, finding it too early to speak. Instead, I followed her to her bags and held her shirt out for her awkwardly. She noticed my lingering and turned, seeing the shirt in my hands. She smiled and gently took it from me.

"You were still holding onto it when I had to get up and I didn't want to wake you...so, I ended up just taking it off instead. Surprisingly, you still didn't let go." She giggled as she spoke, sorting the shirt back into one of her many bags.

A blush crept onto my cheeks, which Billie found amusing. "Cute." She mumbled before saying "I have a few interviews today, nothing much, then no more work stuff. Why don't you go get ready so we can grab brunch on our way out?"

I yawned and nodded, rubbing my eyes with my free hand. Billie then mentioned that we had to leave fairly soon, so I walked over to my suitcase and opened it, setting Winston down on the bed as I passed it. From my suitcase, I pulled out a white button up shirt with short puffy sleeves, a brown vest, tie, and skirt, white tights and leg warmers, and a new change of underwear. I brought everything into the bathroom and checked for a clean towel before turning on the shower and getting undressed.