Chapter Two: Dad's Girl

"(Y/n)?"

"Hi Dad," I said giving my father a kiss on the cheek.

"(Y/n)? You look exhausted," he said placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Yea, I'm a bit tired," I admitted. He gave me a pointed look. "Bucky had a nightmare again,"

He looked at me, but I couldn't read his expression. "(Y/n), please be careful, I don't want you to get hurt,"

"Bucky wouldn't hurt me Dad,"

"You don't know that honey, you know his past. He could go into a fit and hurt you without meaning to,"

"It's a risk in willing to take Dad," and with that I got up and went to the meeting I knew Mr. Stark would not pay any attention to.

After I left, he realized what I said. And what it meant. It troubled him deeply.

That morning Mr. Stark did as I expected, texted some "important people" straight through his first two meetings. And slept through the third.

He asked me to sit in during lunch, that was being held with the Avengers. It was difficult for me to focus durning that luncheon, Bucky was there.

I wanted to say something to him, but I didn't want to embarrass the poor man. I caught him looking at me a few times. I tried hard not to stare.

The day carried on as normal, I said goodnight to Mr. Stark and left him for the evening. I past the Avengers lounge on my way to my room.

"(Y/n), can I talk to you for a second," Steve caught my arm.

"Oh, hello Steve. Yes, what can I do for you,"

"Come sit with me for a moment," he said leading me to the couch. I sat down with him.

"(Y/n), I'm not sure how to start this," he said

"Is something wrong?"

"No, it's just. I'm worried about Bucky,"

"Bucky? What's the matter with him?"

"I dunno, but something is bothering him,"

"Why don't you talk to him about it?"

"I want to, but I don't know how to bring it up,"

"Steve? Why would you bring this subject to me?" I asked rather abruptly.

"Well, um, I was hoping you could talk to him," he said sheepishly

"Me?"

"Yes, well, he talks about you a lot. I thought you guys were close,"

"Yes, um, you could say that," I flush cherry red.

"I'm.... Sorry (Y/n). I didn't mean to put you this position,"

"No, no. It's okay,"

"I just... Wanted to help Bucky,"

"Hey," I took Steve's hand. "I'll talk to him. Okay?"

"Thank you (Y/n)" he gave a polite smile, and gave my hand a gentle squeeze.