Chapter Eleven: Angel Wings

A quiet knock on my door beacons me just as I am about to turn in for the night.

Tiredly I open the door, to find none other than Bucky on the other side.

I say nothing, but open the door wider and stand aside to let him in. He comes in, and I shut the door.

I cross my arms over my chest, as I am only wearing a tank top that's a bit revealing, I wasn't planning on having company tonight. I bite my lower lip, and cast my gaze towards the ground. He says nothing for a moment, we only stand in uncomfortable silence.

"Your dad came to talk to me the other day," he said finally.

"He did? What did he say?"

"That he was sorry for making a scene, and that he would kick my ass to hell and back again if I did anything to hurt you,"

"I see,"

"(Name)?"

"Yes?"

"If you don't want this to-"

I cut him off, "If you'll still take me..."

"Still? I never left,"

In that moment (and all the moments after) Id never felt so loved. When he pulled me into his strong arms, and kissed the top of my head, I felt light as air.

"You are my angel (Name),"

"Angel?" I laughed a little, at the compliment. I had never planned on being in a relationship in my life time. No one had shown interest in me as young lady. But I guess I was just waiting for

"My angel," I whispered, "Has a metal arm that holds me tight and protects me from danger,"

He smiled into my hair, and kissed my cheek.