Chapter Twenty Four: Angle

Marie's POV

Uncle Clint was drawing with me in Uncle Tony's kitchen when, Uncle Tony came in he whispered something in Uncle Clint's ear and then grabbed a big bottle of carmel juice that he says I can't have.

I don't know what's going on, but Uncle Cling looks upset. And Uncle Tony is already drinking a third cup of the carmel juice. Uncle Cling picks me up and takes me to houser, Uncle Steve is there and Nana Tasha.

Uncle Clint hands me to Nana, and mumbles something about a bar down the street. Nana is crying. I've never ever seen Nana cry.

"I want Mommy," I say. Nana hugs me tight and cries.

"I want her too," she cried. I'm scared. I push away from Nana

"Where's Mommy?" I shout.

"Mommy! Mommy!" I scream. But Mommy doesn't come. Nana, Uncle Steve and Daddy just cry.

Finally Daddy looks at me, and says. "Baby, Mommy is an Angel now,"

"But you said Mommy was always an Angel!" I cried out

Nana left the room crying. And Uncle Steve covered his gave with his hand.

"Mommy is a real Angel now,"

I don't understand. Where is Mommy and why is she an Angel?

"What I an Angel Daddy?" I scream as loud as I can.

"A wonderful person who is dead that watches and protects the people they love from heaven," he says.

No. No. No. Nonononononononono!

Everything clicks in my 4 year old head. And I can't take it. So I do what I know how. I run.

Daddy always said Mommy was his Angel. He always said I was his little Angel.

If Mommy wants to be an Angel, fine. But I didn't want anything to do with Angels. They took my Mommy away.