Chapter Seven: Down To Earth

Steve's POV

"Agent Coulson," I called out, jogging slightly to catch up to him.

"Captain Rogers!" He said.

"Do you have a minute?"

"Yes, by all means. What can I do for you?"

"I'd like to talk to you about (Name),"

"(Name)? What about her?"

"Well Sr. it's a little more than that, you see, I heard about earlier this week,"

"Are you referring to..."

"Yes Sr. but I'd like to ask you, what about Bucky concerns you for your daughters safety?"

"Captain? Why-"

"Because he's my best friend Sr. And I haven't seen him happy sense 1943. That is until (Name) started taking care of him,"

"Taking care of him?"

"She's been listening to him, the way a physiologist would. But better because she knows him,"

"I see,"

"So, please tell me. What about him makes you think he's unfit to take care of your daughter the way she takes care of him?"

He didn't answer, only looked down the hall way.

"Sr?"

"Captain, there's nothing wrong with your friend. It's just that I lost my wife, and (Name) is all I have left of her. I don't want her to get hurt,"

"I understand Sr. But I'm not sure she understands that. Have you shared with her that this why you don't want her with Bucky?"

"No,"

"I think you should Sr. And I also think you should have more faith in her to make good decisions. Bucky is a very good decision on her part,"

"Thank you Captain, I think I'll take your advice. (Name) deserves a better answer than the one I gave her Monday night,"