Author's Note

Welcome one, welcome all! 

Thank you for checking out my story! 

Let me say a few things before we embark on this epic journey together. 

Firstly, Heroes Never Die is a sequel to my Wattys 2021 awarded story Till Death Do Us Part. It is a continuation of the protagonists' tale and takes place eight years after the ending of that story. 

Can it be read as a separate story? Yes, it can, but you will spoil yourself with the happenings of TDDUP and the explosive ending details. And who would like to start reading a book from the middle? So I DO recommend starting with Till Death Do Us Part and then, if you like it, reading Heroes Never Die.

Of course, you'll do what you want, but don't run to me crying you got spoilers for the first story! :D

Quick check: if read TDDUP comment the with ✅ so I know you were here! ^^ 

Fun fact: the whole story was written during NaNoWriMo 2021 where I reached over 51k words. I will go and edit it and post the new updates as I go, aiming to do it once a week. 

Considering it is the very first draft it will be filled with some typos and some sentences might be wonky (I'm posting it for you guys so you can enjoy the story, not uber focus on grammar and I don't have a  herd of editors to help me polished it. But hey, you can read it for free, so yeah, be grateful ;)) But if you see some funny typos, mixed words or horrifying grammar error do let me know, I always appreciate the help in catching those sneaky errors ^^ 

Another point I wanted to raise - this story will be slightly different from TDDUP. Considering the timespan Skylar and Gawyn are not so young anymore, so their priorities and worries are focused more on adult lives and responsibilities. 

Trigger warnings:

The story is a bit darker and will contain scenes of violence and bloodshed (battles), sickness and death. Though there will not be too detailed descriptions of wounds or gore. 

If you are wary of those themes, please read with caution, or choose other of my stories. 

That would be all from my side. Now sit back, read and enjoy!

 And don't forget to let me know what you think in the comments and vote if you like what you read! <3

Love you all!

Kamila