9

Ramari Young

"who tf is sani"

"who tf is sani"

"raylon go get in the car." i said sternly, kids love to put yo business on air.

"yo ramari, stop playing with me. who sani is"

"none of your damn business, you not my nigga"

"YOU HAD THAT NIGGA AROUND MY FUCKING CHILD" i started busting out laughing. no way is he that delusional.

"nigga he became your child 5 minutes ago tf you mean, you was clearly the one who said you didn't want anything to do with him"

"bro mari, when did i ever say ian want him?! I DIDNT FUCKING KNOW HE WAS BORN."
I nodded my head and unlocked my phone scrolling through my messages, i saw xavier face and realized he was irritated i was on my phone mid convo.

" so you didn't know I was pregnant?" i threw my phone at him showing him the messages.

"bra..." he trailed off reading the messages, he checked the dates and his eyes widened.

"this around the time my brother died. When i was messing with mariah a lot. on my brother grave, i never sent these messages! please believe me ramari" he said with his voice cracking.

"it was probably that bitter bitch you cheated on me with that sent that..." i shrugged trying to act nonchalant.

"son i missed 4 years of his life cause of petty shit..." he ran his hands over his face, disregarding what i just said.

"i real live missed 4 years bro... 4 years" he said now with anger laced all in voice.

"look xavier, i won't stop you from building an relationship with raylon. we can discuss the dates he can stay with you another time... honestly i'm tired and don't feel like dealing with this right now." i ran my hands through my hair.

he nodded his head. "you want me take y'all home?" i gave him the address and we got in the car.

"so you ma daddy?" raylon asked when we got in the car. we both looked at him and i made a yikes face.

"yea-" zay started off before raylon cut him off. "so where were you" i decided against saying anything and let them have that conversation.

"it's complicated lil man"

"nah it ain compicaded, why you wan be ma da now?" i smiled a little at his mispronunciation.

"look, i'm sorry raylon. i'll be in your life from now on until i die" he ran his hand over his face, stressed out.

"ard da" he smiled, i don't know how his mood changed all of a sudden but it did. He went from you not my daddy to okay da, just a whole 180 turn lmaoo.

i'm happy that raylon and him can build an relationship, but i still want nothing to do with a cheater.

I sent Xavier the address to my house.

Xavier pulled in front my house, seemingly impressed by my home. "say bye to daddy" I told raylon as i got out the car opening the door to the back.

"bye nigga" zay chuckled after i popped him in his mouth, "you just be being bad for no reason huh" raylon held his hand over his mouth looking at me with tears in his eyes.

I helped raylon down, and shut the door. "mari" xavier called out. "what?"

"damn no bye?" he asked me

"nah i don't say bye to cheaters. i'll update you on raylon schedule and we will discuss from there."

-

It's been a few hours since me and raylon got home and i checked jasani notifications.
7 missed calls, 9 unread messages. I called him back, now over the incident cause i missed my bestie.

"ramari" he answered on the second ring. "come over"

"why ? you not mad nomo" he asked with attitude laced in voice discreetly. "it's not even that i was mad, you're missing the whole point, you took raylon without letting me know so of course i was gonna panic, and after me telling you how i felt your demeanor remained the same. You still tried to shrug it off."

"bra mari, i texted you. maybe you should start checking yo messages before getting so anxious. i'm sorry okay? we good now?"

"i guess, now come over"

"ard mar" he laughed, hanging up. I feel like me and jasani could have a relationship if he works on communication.

-

I started researching schools for raylon but couldn't find any majority black ones due to where i was living so i was gonna talk to Xavier about it.

i put raylon pajamas on after giving him a bath and put him to sleep. Jasani still hadn't came and it was passed 1, i called him around 6.

I was over jasani coming so i just decided to go to bed. soon as i laid my head down someone started knocking.

I didn't give jasani a key to my home, because i have a kid that i refuse to let danger come to. I rolled my eyes getting up to go downstairs and answer the door.

of course it was jasani, i opened the door and he smelled like liquor and girls. You know the smell when a nigga been around a girl, it's just a scent and he had it. "oh nah, you ain gotta go home but you not coming in here." i slightly pushed back so i could close my door.

he stopped the door with his hand and grabbed my neck, probably trying to be sexy but it wasn't cute at all. "move jasani" i pushed him back.

"damn ma, you not boutta let me come in?" "nope, bye cause even though we not in a relationship YET we was still supposed to only be fucking with eachother and no one else"

crazy to think i was boutta pop out with this nigga, glad i didn't. That would've been embarrassing...

"you the one who didn't wanna take me serious" he slurred.

"jasani go home or something. i don't even know why you came over here after partying somewhere being a hoe. i don't have time for this right now" i tried to run my hands through my hair but forgot i had a scarf on. at this point this was my go to thing when i was getting irritated.

"welp... bestie, go home, take a shower, i don't know do something with your life, but you need to leave." and with that i slammed the door in his face.

i understand we not together but it's the principle... being loyal is literally not that hard. He kept knocking and i was about to go out there with my taser cause he was gonna mess up and wake my baby up.

i ignored him, went upstairs to check on raylon and went to sleep.