18

Ramari Ranae Young

3 weeks later...

"waittt im coming, don't leave" i yelled out to zay. he was going to his "trap" house, and i didn't want to stay here alone.

i've been coping, accepting what happened, im still pregnant, i've decided to keep the baby. i rushed and put on my foam runners and secretly grabbed 3 pain relievers before leaving the house.

even though i was healing, i just couldn't stop taking the pills. they helped me a lot, and it made me feel light. Like all my struggles went away, me and ari talked a little, she told me how she's still checking up on my shops, but i know she has a busy life and can't continue this so i'm going to sit down and talk to her tonight.

"man mari, hurry up" his deep voice echoed throughout the house. "cominggggg" i yelled, trynna run down the step, falling. "what the-" i heard zay run towards the steps.

he stared at me and disbelief, "son get the fuck up" he said rudely, cause he knew i was silently laughing at myself. "oh-okay" i said still laughing and he shook his head and grabbed my arm.

we pulled in front of his trap house, he got out and came and opened my door. we walked in and zay dapped his homeboys up.

i saw the pharmacist that looked too familiar, and quickly look away. "fuck" i muttered under my breath, zay would go crazy if he found out i was still popping pills.

i hid behind zay tall frame while he talked about who knows what, "come on mama" he said lowly, as I sat on the couch.

"damn you ain gone introduce us" a darkskin boy with dreads said, i think his name was two. "nah i ain't" zay bucked at him. i smiled to myself, "zay can i see your phone" he pulled it out his pocket and gave it to me.

i put my face recognition in his phone and i played subway surfers until he was done doing what he was doing. "i'a be back ma, don't go no where" i nodded.

the pharmacist, the darkskin with dreads, and the one with waves all got up with zay and went to the back. i kept playing games on zay phone, "wassup" a tall lightskin boy with twists in his head said to me, he was cute but he looked young, around 18-19ish.

"hey" i simply said, then putting my head back down. "why you so quiet" he asked me, i just shrugged, i didn't wanna talk to no one except raylon, and zay.

"she think she the shit" another boy said, he wasn't ugly but he wasn't all that. "and what if i did" i stared down at the phone without looking up. he chuckled said some smart shit under his breath. "tired of these hoes" or something dumb like that.

"tired of these ugly niggas" i rolled my eyes, saying it outloud. "what bitch" he snapped. "i said what i said" i shrugged, "chill bra" the lightskin boy told the ugly one.

i was boutta call zay but i realized i had his phone so i got up and made my way to the back. i peaked in a room and no one was there, i looked another room and saw a very disgusting sight of someone getting head.

i looked in the last room and didn't see none of them so i went back to the living room and sat on the couch, "where zay at" i asked lightywhite. "handling business"

"that's not what i asked" i mugged him and rolled my eyes. "if you keep on rolling them they gone get stuck"

"shut up, you know what ima get my son to handle yo ass" i bucked at him, and he laughed. "yea ard"

i pulled out a pre rolled blunt from my purse and lit it. if i had to wait this long might as well enjoy it, i also grabbed the 3 pills and swallowed them quick while no one was looking.

"what" i asked with low eyes to the lightskin boy, "none" he shrugged, staring at me. i rolled my eyes leaned back onto the couch, taking pulls from my blunt and staring at the ceiling.

the ugly one was still staring, "you must wanna kiss me or something, damn get out my face" i scrunched my face up. he just kept saying stuff under his breath, i literally did not understand the animosity, cause i didn't do anything to that boy.

zay finally came back, and snatched the blunt from my hand, "mari you can't be smoking, need i remind you, you're pregnant" i sucked my teeth, grabbed my purse off the couch and started walking out the door waiting for him.

he walked out with the blunt in his mouth, the audacity. "we gotta go pick up fats" i smiled thinking about raylon, i really haven't seen him in almost a month. he been with his grandma while i've been healing.

we made one way towards his school, "raylon Young" some white lady said, calling his name out for pick up. i seen raylon run out his classroom smiling, he stopped smiling once he saw me. he froze, and just started bawling, i ran towards him and picked him up.

"stop crying baby, what's wrong" i asked. "i th-thought you didn't want me no more" he said while crying, he laid his head on my shoulder, "i'm sorry baby, i'm so sorry" i said rubbing his back softly.

-

"zay" i called him out, he kept zoning out. "yea?" he asked. "the light is green" i said referring to the green light on the traffic sign thing.

raylon been talking non stop since he calmed down, he talked about every day i missed with him, "den we got ski mask" he said.

"niceee baby, you gonna show it to mommy later?" he nodded his head. "and nuski showed me this" i looked in the back seat to see what he was doing, and my jaw dropped when i saw him putting up his middle finger.

"zay look at what your friends teaching my child" he laughed and pulled in front of apple bees. "don't do that raylon" i said sternly as he frowned his face up.

FILLERRR