Chapter 1.

Rory POV.

2003, London.

My eyes felt very heavy, the sleep was still too much but from the sun and the noises I could tell it was time to wake up.
As I became more aware I realized that today was my birthday, my 27th birthday, I couldn't complain, I had everything I had ever dreamed of, I knew it would be a good day.

"Shh Ethan you have to be quiet."

I heard a small whisper from Logan after I heard the door to our room open.
I didn't know what they were planning but I preferred not to move.

"Okay buddy..1, 2 and go."

I quickly felt a small body fall into me and start giving me kisses causing me to let out a giggle and open my eyes finding the most beautiful boy of all.

"Happy birthday mommy" he said excitedly as he bounced on the bed making me smile.

"Thank you sweetie" I smiled back hugging him and brought my eyes to Logan.

Logan smiled at me as he held a tray with my breakfast on it.

"Happy birthday baby" he said placing the tray on my lap and giving me a short kiss.

"Thank you, this looks amazing" I smiled looking at the breakfast which Ethan quickly started eating making me laugh a little.

"So birthday girl...me and this little man right here are at your beck and call today" he said pointing to Ethan "What do you want to do on this day?"

"I was thinking we could go to a movie and then dinner" I smiled at him and watched as they both nodded.

Logan was about to say something when his phone rang "sorry baby, I promise this will be the only call of the day" he assured me as he grabbed his phone and walked out of the room to answer it.

I let out a small sigh trying not to let my annoyance show, it was a special day for me and I didn't want to ruin it by letting him know that it did bother me.

Since '99 when I got pregnant with Ethan I hadn't gone back to work, I had actually graduated, worked for a very short time and then when I got pregnant I dedicated myself completely to my son, my partner and my home.

"Mommy open up" he said trying to hand me fruit with a fork, when I did as he asked, quickly he smiled.

"Thank you baby, it's delicious" I smiled and gave him a kiss on his little cheek.

The door to the room opened again and I watched as Logan walked in with an expression I already knew all too well.

I let out a sigh watching him and stopped eating breakfast to talk "how long this time?"

"Two weeks" he grimaced a little.

"And why isn't your father or one of your brothers going instead of you?" I asked slightly annoyed.

"Rory, my father will go to Los Angeles and my brothers to other cities" he let out a sigh "we are closing a big deal, I have no choice...it's work."

"It's okay I guess" I sighed and looked at him, he still had the same expression "what else do you have to tell me Logan?"

"I have to leave later today" he said quickly.

"Are you kidding me? Logan it's my birthday"

"I know baby and you don't know how sorry I am, but no one knew they were going to want to star working on the contract tomorrow afternoon" he let out a sigh "I have to leave today so I can get there by that time"