1997

(I want to clarify that the first part of this chapter was taken from a scene from Gilmore girls. As well as Logan's character.
I only changed a few things in the scene where Rory and Logan talk to each other for the first time.)

Rory POV.

August 1997

"Yes Shar, I promise I'll call you tomorrow okay? Take care and say hi to DeShaun for me" I said smiling as I held the cell phone to my ear and walked towards my bedroom. "Okay, bye." I hung up.

As I got closer to my dorm room I saw three guys outside my door. I quickly noticed that it was those guys that since last year I had disliked, always acting like they were better than everyone. I even met one last year thanks to a friend, he was a total jerk. And I was only around him for like five minutes.

"Can I help you?" I said confused.

The three guys didn't even turn to look at me "no thanks" one of them replied as they continued talking to each other.

"No no, don't put your number" said the blond guy and American accent. I know his name was Logan.

"I'm not putting my number, I'm putting yours" replied the other guy with a British accent as he laughed.

"Umm excuse me but this is my bedroom."

Quickly all three turned to look at me and the blond boy quickly looked me up and down and smiled flirtatiously, to my surprise I blushed at his act.

"Okay, put my number" he said to his friend still smiling and looking at me.

"Are you sure this is your room?" the other boy, Alex, asked me.

"I'm pretty sure" I said somewhat confused as I looked at the three of them.

"Oh I thought this would be her room, I'll keep looking then" I watched as he quickly made his way to the stairs. The university was huge, he would need to have good luck to find her.

Logan watched them for a few seconds and then turned his gaze back to me.

"Sorry about that, my friend is looking for the room of a girl he met yesterday" he told me still smiling "But now you can go into yours and drop all that." he pointed to all the books I was bringing in my hands "wow, who gave you this book? I've been trying to find it in the library"

"it was professor Davies, he lent it to me" I answered still doubtful why he was talking to me.

"Oh so you and Davies..." he made a strange gesture and I quickly understood what he meant.

"What? No" I made a disgusted expression and watched as he let out a small laugh. He was a jerk but he looked cute smiling.

"Sorry but he lends his books to only female students, you can see why he gives another impression."

"Well, he lends his books to people who are actually interested in reading and analyzing them, something you might not understand."

I saw his expression change but he still had a small smile on his face.

"You don't like me" he raised an eyebrow shaking his head slightly "you don't know me, but you don't like me".

I was silent for a few seconds "I do know you".

His expression changed to confusion "you do?"

"Yes, I've seen you around and in the past year I met you through Danielle"

"Oh sure we did meet through Danielle, nice to see you again.." he made an expression trying to remember my name.

Okay, I was starting to feel humiliated.

"Rory!" I said somewhat angry, more than anything I was feeling embarrassed.

"Rory! Nice to see you again, you look great! Anger works on you" he said smiling at me again.

I was about to tell him to just move over and let me pass, I really was annoyed and embarrassed. But just then one of his friends showed up again.

"Logan! I think I found her room, come on!" He said quickly.

"Tell Danielle I say hi and I promise to remember you instantly next time" he looked at me one last time still smiling and without further ado started walking.

That had been really weird but I kept thinking about Logan all afternoon.
.
.

November 1997.

"Logan stop!" I said amused as I tried to take my book from him.

"Give me a kiss and I'll think about it" he told me while still holding his hand up with my book.

I quickly grabbed him by the cheeks and gave him many kisses on the lips making him smile.

We both ended up sitting on the couch in his bedroom again, watching TV.

"What is that?" He ask pointing to something on the floor.

"What?" I asked confused looking at where he was pointing.
When I saw what it was I felt nervous, I hadn't seen that picture in a while.
Surely I had left it inside the book some time ago and it fell to the floor when Logan took it from me. I watched as Logan stood up to take it.

"Who is he?" He said sitting down next to me as he looked at the picture of Marshall and me.

Marshall was kinda smiling as I sat next to him leaning my head on his shoulder. My mom had taken that picture of us when we first started dating.

"Marshall my ex boyfriend" I watched Logan for a few seconds.

"So he's the guy who broke your heart in Detroit?" he asked me in a calm tone. "You never finished telling me the story."

I had tried to a long time ago, when Logan told me that he had never been interested in anything serious until he met me. I wanted to tell him about Marshall but I wasn't ready, it still hurt and Logan understood.

"Yeah, I know" I sighed hugging Logan again "I can tell you now if you want".

Logan smiled and nodded as his hand went to my hair to stroke it.

Maybe it was stupid but being able to talk about Marshall with Logan was my closure, now I could talk about it because it didn't hurt anymore.
For the first time I felt like I let go of a huge weight as I told him the story of my first love.