Chapter 6

Marshall POV.

Detroit, 2003

A huge smile appeared on my face, I couldn't even help it as I watched the girl of my dreams let out a laugh as she listened to the things I said in my music.

"I can't believe you're able to think those things and then put them into a song, Marshall" she denied amused as she took one of the records in her hands.

Rory had confessed to me a few days ago that she wasn't following my career much, it had hurt too much but I understood her. I had done much the same. I knew DeShaun and Sharonda knew all about her but I never got up the courage to ask.

"Wait until we get to some other songs, you're going to love it" I told her amused.

We were sitting on the floor, with my records all over the place as I showed her my music, explained the songs and I melted with love every time she was interested in my writing process.

"That was the last song, what record is next?" she asked as she raised an eyebrow.

I held out the next record to her, unable to stop smiling, I had never smiled as much as I had these past few days.
Rory had almost two weeks in Detroit and we had seen each other almost every day.

We hadn't repeated a situation similar to what happened in my office but I'd be lying if I denied that it's all I've been thinking about lately.

"The Marshall Mathers LP" said Rory as she looked at the album "I'm excited" she said smiling.

As we listened to the first few songs and I watched her enjoying my music I realized that it was stupid to deny it anymore, I was in love with Rory again, it wasn't just a simple feeling of appreciating her, I loved this woman. I had loved her since I was 20 years old.

Lost in my thoughts and Rory enjoying my music, we both fell into a comfortable silence, everything felt so right.
I didn't know how much time passed but the beginning of a certain song brought me out of my thoughts. I could hear myself using a tender tone towards Hailie only to seconds later be yelling at Kim.

My gaze quickly went to Rory wanting to see her expressions. When she heard the song '97 Bonnie & Clyde she just said it was amazing my story telling but that was it, she didn't make any other flattering comments like in the other songs so I didn't know how she would react to the song "Kim".

When the song was over I watched as she didn't let continue the song that followed. Her gaze went to me and I noticed how surprised she was. And I became extremely nervous.

"Do you have something to tell me?" I asked defensively. A defense mechanism perhaps.

"Marshall that was..." she sighed trying to find some word "why did you do that to her? In the other song I didn't want to say anything but with this song it's too much."

"Because I was angry, I was humiliated and I needed to get it out of me" I was silent for a few seconds watching Rory's reaction "I wanted to hurt her and make her feel the humiliation I felt."

"You humiliated her in front of everyone."

"I know Rory"

"At least she knew about this song? It didn't affect her?"

Quickly images of Kim in a hospital bed after her suicide attempt came to my memory. Kim knew about the song but still seeing me in concert to that song made her attempt to take her own life.

Rory raised an eyebrow waiting for my answer, I didn't want to lie to her. Lying to Rory had been a big mistake when we were dating and I didn't want to keep eating that mistake but at the same time I was afraid that her perspective of me would change, that she would be afraid of me and what my fame could cause.