1996 part 2

Rory POV.

"She's still a baby but I definitely feel she looks just like Kim" he said excitedly as he told me about his daughter "of course she has my huge ears" He said laughing and I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle, it was adorable the way he talked about his daughter.

Listening to him talk about her was like getting to know a new side of Marshall and honestly, it was his best side.
we had been talking about different things for hours, we were both lying there covered up with a blanket thanks to the Detroit cold but it seemed neither of us wanted to get up and get dressed.

"I'm sure she must have something more about you, but whether she looks like Kim or you I'm sure she's gorgeous" I assured him and I was being honest. Kim was beautiful too.

My gaze ended up on the clock I had on my nightstand and I was surprised to see the time, it was 6 am and i didn't know how Marshall had managed to spend so much time with me but I wasn't complaining, it was all I wanted right now.

"So everything is fine in London?" he asked me again as if he hadn't asked it a while ago when we started talking "how's college?"

"Umm it's great, my university is huge and my dorm is bigger than this house" i said amused "my professors are amazing, people you can look up to very quickly."

"That's good Rory, I'm happy for you" he told me "you know? I never apologized for not going to your graduation, for leaving you alone..shit I want to apologize for everything I did to you. I'm sorry"

Hearing him say that I sighed slightly, that apology was something I had been waiting for all this time.
Even I would have stayed if the day I discovered him with Kim he would have given me these apologies, but he never did.

"I don't know what you have Marshall Mathers but there is no way I can't forgive you" I told him honestly  "It seems like you have me forever".

"Same here, it seems like I'm never going to stop loving you" it was a strong confession but after having sex I think the boundaries were more than blurred.

"I love you too and forever " I said smiling and I started to feel that damn excitement and illusion.

He smiled back and gave me a little kiss and then he closed his eyes for a few seconds and when he opened them his expression had changed. "I have to go Rory..I have to go home."

I began to panic a little at the thought of him leaving me, that if he left this would be the last time I would see him for a long time.

"Let's give us another chance Marshall" I said out of the blue and thanks to the panic I was feeling. "We both love each other and I can go back to Detroit." Now that I had said it, I wasn't going to back out.

"Rory.." he tried to tell me in a tone that told me he was going to say no so I hurried to interrupt him.

"No no, let me finish" I said quickly on the bed clutching the sheet tightly to my body. "I know I made a mistake leaving like that but everything happens for a reason. I was really hurt, I still feel hurt but we can work on it" I spoke quickly, I had so much to tell him and I didn't know how to express it correctly.

"Rory...you have college in London and I have Kim and Hailie" he looked into my eyes "I can't leave my daughter".

I quickly denied "I'm not asking you to leave your daughter, I would never do that" I assured him, I didn't want to literally tell him to leave Kim to be with me, but I hoped by that he would understand that I meant leave Kim not Hailie.

"Okay smarty pants, suppose I do that and your college? Rory graduating is something you've always wanted."

"I'll figure it out later, everything has a solution" I sighed looking at him. I never thought I would see myself begging him again but there I was, naked hoping the love of my life would still want to be with me. "Please Marshall, don't let go of what we still feel and everything we can do, the whole damn future we have ahead of us" I reached out to him so I could caress his cheek .

Marshall sighed looking into my eyes as if he was really thinking about it. I just hoped he was making the best decision, and before I knew it he was kissing me. A damn good kiss, one to remember.
.
.
.
Marshall POV.

"Where the fuck were you Marshall? You think you don't have a fucking family waiting for you?" Kim said as soon as I walked into the room.

"yeah, I'm sorry" I said honestly as the first thing I did was go over to the crib to check on Hailie who was sleeping.

"No, things are not okay with 'sorry' don't even think so" she assured me as she stood up and walked over to me "we have a responsibility TOGETHER , our daughter, and you leave me to watch her all night while you go see.." she was quiet looking at me "what do I call her now Marshall? Is she your whore? Because she knows you and I are together"

I quickly turned to look at her annoyed at how she had expressed herself about Rory but could I defend her? Could I defend myself? No.

"What Marshall? Does it piss you off that I insult your whore?" she said again, as if she was challenging me.

I was about to explode, I was trying not to scream but my patience reached its limit when I saw how she was challenging me. I was about to answer her when I saw her eyes filled with tears.

"You don't know how it feels to be at home taking care of our daughter knowing that the first thing you did was look for her as soon as she set foot in Detroit" I watched as she tried to wipe away her tears "and now you're so fucking quiet! What? You're going to leave me for her already you fucker?"

I let out a sigh and my hands went to her shoulders and I quickly hug her. At first she resisted but in the end I felt her hug me back.

"Sorry Kim, you really don't know how sorry I am" I whispered in her ear "Rory's gone, she's gone to London and I promise I won't see her again."

"You won't leave me for her?" she whispered in a somewhat surprised tone.

"Nah, you and I have a family and I made a commitment to my daughter and to you" I gave a small kiss on her cheek "I made a mistake because I was stupid but it won't happen again"

Kim let out a sigh and pulled away from me "it's okay I guess" she ran a hand through her hair and when I tried to kiss her she pulled away from me "I need time Marshall, you stay with me but you still spent the night with her" we both heard Hailie start to whimper and cry "she's hungry, I'll go get her bottle".

Without further ado she took Hailie in her arms and left the room.
I let out a sigh sitting down on the bed as I ran my hands over my face.

Leaving Rory crying naked was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, telling her I didn't want to be with her honestly broke me too.
But I had other responsibilities now, I had my daughter and after growing up without a normal family I had decided not to give that to my daughter. She deserved her parents together.

Kim also didn't deserve that either, I loved her...she was my daughter's mother.

My love for Rory was something different, something I had never felt, an unbridled love, something I would never forget but it would have to stay in my mind forever, it couldn't be.