Chapter 3.

(Ok I guess you already know that Marshall's youngest daughter now goes by the name Stevie and the pronouns they/she/he. So I will refer to them by Stevie and I will use the pronouns throughout the story, so sometimes I will use "she" or "they")

Rory POV.

"Mommy" I heard a small whisper as two small hands held my face.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked opening my eyes, meeting Ethan with a smile.

"Nothing, I just went to the bathroom" he told me as he settled in and tucked his little legs into the covers leaving his back leaning against my chest.

"Okay buddy, remember you don't have to tell me every time you go to the bathroom" I said amused, he always did the same thing. He would wake me up just to tell me he had gone to the bathroom.

Ethan responded with "okay mommy" and we cuddled for a while as he told me about his dream. Whenever Logan went on a business trip, Ethan would always sleep with me and I didn't complain. I loved having this kind of time with my son.

As I was making Ethan breakfast I grabbed my cell phone for a moment and realized I had a text message.

From: unknown.
yo' Rory this is the address of the hotel, do you need me to send someone to pick you up? Marshall.

I frowned at his message wondering how he had gotten my number, but surely DeShaun gave it to him.

I stood there for a few seconds reading the message but just then a call came in.

"Hey Logan" I said happy to hear from him, I hated his business trips really.

"Hey baby!" he greeted me a little tired but with that sweet tone "how are doing my two favorite people?"

"missing you" I said pouting a little even though he couldn't see me.

"Umm liar, surely the little man slept in my place last night" he said amused.

At the mention of last night I quickly felt bad, I didn't know whether to tell him about me going to Marshall's concert.

As soon as Logan started telling me about all the problems he was having with this big business in New York I decided I couldn't tell him over the phone something like that. I would rather wait for him to come and tell him, in the end it was nothing bad, I wasn't doing anything wrong.

After a while of talking to Logan and Ethan talking to him too, we hung up. As soon as I did I saw that Marshall had sent me another text message.

From: unknown.
????

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh, Marshall and his "patience" was amazing.

I decided to save his number and answered.

To: Marshall
Hi, thanks Marshall! we'll be there in a little while. And don't worry, I have my car.

I was about to put my cell phone on the table when I immediately received another text message.

From: Marshall.

I'll be waiting here! Let me know if you need anything.

A small smile appeared on my lips, I didn't know he was still so kind

I thought about replying but I heard toys falling on the floor and knew I had to go see Ethan. I left my cell phone on the table and went straight to my son's room.

Today was one of those days that since it was so recent that Logan was gone, Ethan used to throw tantrums and it was a little hard to deal with, but I had to be patient and understand that he missed his daddy.