MHM - 1.9

Clark flipped his desk table and he was pacing back and forth. His usual cold face was now contorted to that of a furious one.

"Those rats! I knew that they were backstabers but I let them be because of past relations! And yet I can't believe that they dare to do this outrageous thing!" Clark yelled in anguish.

Eric just stared at the angered Clark and let him pour all his anger out.

Clark continued on pacing back and forth as he grabbed the vase decore that was placed on the sides and slammed it on the floor in anger.

"Argh! Those ungrateful bastards!" He bellowed. Clark was too focused on his anger that he hadnt boticed that his hands were bleeding due to his nails that were dugged on his palms.

Eric saw this and felt concerned. He immediately pulled out his handkerchief and walked towards the angered Clark.

He reached out to wipe Clarks bloodied hands but it was swatted away.

Eric didnt mind the stinging pain on the back of his hand and continued to wipe Clarks bloodied hands.

Clark just let him be as he stared at the man who had been loyal to him ever since he has started on taking over the company.

But was he really loyal? Or was he like the others?

Because of everything that has happened Clarks mind was in a mushy state. He didn't know who to trust anymore.

"Eric, can I trust you?" He asked in a voice barely heard but Eric did.

Eric fell silent before answering, "No, you can't trust me."

His answer brought surprise to Clarks stoned- face.

"Is that so? Then I guess I don't need you here. I don't need an untrustworthy employee!"

Eric continued on wiping Clarks hands with care.

"But tell me the reason why.... why can't I trust you?" Clark asked as his gaze was still focused on his calm looking assistant.

Eric stopped what he was doing before looking up at Clark.

"You can't trust me because like everyone else, I also hold an intention."

Clark didn't understand what Eric was trying to say.

Eric walked closer to Clark and stared deep into his eyes with some unknown emotion swirling on it.

Clark didn't know why but he felt uncomfortable under Erics heated gaze.

"Bad intentions." he added as Eric leaned closer towards Clark.

Clark blanked out when he suddenly smelt a waft of Erics manly perfume, he had always worn this particular scent that he had grown familiar over it, Erics face was leaning in closer and before he knew he felt Erics warm lips on his.

He froze for a moment before finally regaining his sense of self and he gatheredball strength he could muster and immediately pushed Eric with all of his might.

"You bastard!" Clark yelled in fury as he angrily wiped his tainted lips. "Get out of my sight and never come back!"

Eric merely maintained his head down and replied calmly as he always did.

"As you wish." And with that he left the room.

------------

Alexa was about to eat a spoonful of soup when she dropped it in a startle when she heard a loud bang.

She turned to look at the door and saw her father, Clark, walk in with black lines on his face. Alexa craned her neck to find Eric but was disappointed when she saw no signs of him.