MHM - 1.17

ERIC GREONE SPECIAL CHAPTER

The beeping of my alarm sounded and I was immediately awoken from my sleep. I stepped out of my bed and made sure to stretch my limbs. I was already in my 50's so my limbs were growing stiff and I was starting to feel body pains.

I was working for one of the wealthiest family's in the country under the leadership of a great CEO, Sir Clark Merrit.

I stared at my reflected visage on the mirror and saw nothing amiss with my clothes. After a nod of approval, I swiftly left to fetch my boss.

My boss was a very smart man who was envied and respected by everyone. The media portrays him as this scheming cold hearted man but I know that deep inside, Clark Merrit was simply an extremely sensitive man who has a hard time conveying his emotions. This was extremely so especially towards his only daughter. Ever since his wife had passed, he couldn't bear to face his daughter who was a carbon copy of his wife and he himself was never good at relaying affections so it made sense as to why their relationship was heavily strained.

The cold-hearted man that everyone thought of, was actually a worry wart that kept on checking up on his daughters news daily and was someone who always tears up everytime he was reminded of his late wife.

He was an extremely adorable person.

I walked towards the Merrit Mansion and saw that Clark was already up and was reading his daily newspaper.....that is if you disregard the fact that he was holding it upside down.

If people were to find out my true thoughts they would've said that I'd have gone ballistic to think that THE Clark Merrit was adorable.

"Good morning, Sir Clark." I greeted him with my usual smile whilst trying very hard to appear normal.

"Un, good morning to you too Eric." Clark said in a 'calm' tone. However, as someone who had been by his side for 18 years I was aware of Clark's small habit and so I could only fight back the smile that was threatening to spread on my face when I saw Clark's ear tips redden.

"Shall I prepare you some coffee?"

"Yes. That'd be lovely...please."

Ah... truly there was something that had changed.

I nodded my head and walked towards the kitchen, praying that my actions didnt appear stiff. Once I was out of his sight, I stealthily leaned my back against the wall and covered my mouth with my palm as I was grinning like an idiot.

'I'm losing my composure.'

I made sure to calm myself as I walk towards the coffee maker and reminisce the past.

____________

18 years.

That's how long I've served Clark Merrit and I've loved him for a much longer duration of time. It was not far off to say that I gave him half the time of my life.

We studied at the same University however he never knew of my existence. I was much like everyone else in the campus who worshipped and greatly envied him.

I was vaguely aware of my orientation by then and so it truly didn't come to me as a surprise that I've come to like him. What's not to like? He was incredibly smart and had great leadership skills. He was confident in his skills and was very blunt with his comments with zero shed of pretense, the exact opposite of someone like me who keeps on wearing an amiable façade. He may come off as someone who thinks he's better than the rest of us but he truly doesn't use his family power as most people thought. His face was just an added bonus.