Chapter 19: A Single Sip And You'll Be Gone.

The maids and butlers were rushing around making sure the celebration that night would be perfect. The warlock watched with cold eyes as he saw everyone running around. He couldn't care less about the people around him and what they were doing, all he wanted to do was find where that sorcerer was and see what she had planned for the night.

With his jaw tightly locked, he watched everyone around him, making sure no one would see what he was doing. Looking side to side, he slipped past the busy people and towards the throne room where Chun-Ae kept going everyday. They did not know what she had been doing in there ever since she took over the room, they haven't been in it since that day where she took over the king's mind. Slipping around the hallways edges and leaning against the walls when guards walk pass acting like he wasn't doing anything and just resting, as soon as they left however Jeongguk continued on his way towards the throne room.

To his surprise though, he saw the door was slightly ajar. Silently stepping closer he stood in front of the gap and looked through with a single eye. He saw Chun-Ae pick up a chalice that had a dragon on the front in front of a red background. She caressed it as she spoke a spell looking into the chalice, her eyes glowed a golden colour for a second as the chalice shone with a glow.

"Once the prince drinks from his cup and is gone and the King dead, I shall rule this land…" the sorcerer chuckled darkly as he placed the chalice back on the table it was on.

Jeongguk stepped away from the door quickly and quietly so as to not get caught. He placed a hand over his mouth to not make a sound, he walked back the way he came through the halls and back toward the busy people. Once he was there he ran to the prince's quarters and stood outside the door as he gained his breath before he opened the door.

"Hyungie-" he turned and he saw the prince standing by the window, he coughed slightly from the sharp intake of air as he calmed his breathing.

"Ggukie… what did you see?" Taehyung asked as he heard the warlock come back. He quickly walked over to the younger and helped him to the bed.

"She.. placed a spell on your chalice… so when you take a sip, you'll die" he looked at the prince, whose face was emotionless as his jaw clenched.

"I just won't drink from it-" He reasoned.

"What if you have to make a toast? You have to drink it- I can't allow that!" Jeongguk exclaimed as he looked at the prince.

"I'll just pretend to drink from it, don't worry" Taehyung reassured.

"Taehyung, once your lips even slightly touch that chalice, you're dead," Jeongguk warned as he narrowed his eyes. "I'll drink it for you-"

"No!" Taehyung shouted. "You can't-"

"As my duty as your servant, I shall" Jeongguk stood up with his eyebrows furrowed. "Besides, Namjoon-hyung could find a cure to waken me…"

"What if there isn't?" The prince asked.

"If there isn't, he'll find one"

"You can't just leave me as soon as I got to know you.." Taehyung grumbled. "I need you"

"It'll be fine-"

"No promise me you won't drink it for me" Taehyung grabbed the warlock's shoulders tightly. "Promise me" he looked into the younger's eyes.

"Fine…" Jeongguk huffed. "I promise.." he let that white lie slip through his teeth like water through cracks in stone.

"Good" Taehyung nodded. "I just… I can't lose you… you're too…" he staggered slightly.