Chapter 75: What theme?

The days slowly went on as they discussed their wedding preparations with a few planners of the kingdom. They were seated in the throne room with the planners, going over different ideas and materials for the wedding day. Jeongguk still didn't have a theme in mind, but he knew he didn't want it in the castle. It just felt too cramped. He hadn't said this to his fiancé yet. There hadn't been the right time. Though he knew he should speak up about it soon, before they discussed the location and placement of things.

Currently, they were looking over the colours for tablecloths, and nothing seemed to sit right with the warlock. The colours being suggested were either too light, too dark, or even too bland. He had been sitting on one of the chairs while Taehyung stood looking over different designs for their cake.

"Have you decided on a colour, Jeongguk?" One of the planners asked.

Jeongguk sighed as he kept looking between each selection. "Nothing is calling out to me at the moment, I'm sorry." He shook his head.

"It's okay, love, take your time and look at something else than the colours there." Taehyung smiled.

There had been a selection of blues and reds in front of the warlock, and they didn't seem to feel right. Jeongguk looked at a folded pile of different colours that had been placed near the middle of the table and noticed a colour that caught his eye. He stood up, much to the surprise of the planners, and took hold of the pile. The warlock lifted a few of the fabrics to get to the colour that caught his eye and stopped when he saw it.

It was a beautiful golden colour, much like the sun in the morning when it shone through the trees in the forest. He grew up with the warmth of the colour, the way it would warm his village and bring life to it, it almost reminded him of the fallen yellow leaves of autumn. Jeongguk let his hand lightly touch the fabric as he looked over it. It was soft to the touch.

"This one," Jeongguk breathed. "This colour…This is the one. " He could feel the wall that was blocking his ideas slipping away as he could see the colours coming together in his mind.

"Why that colour..?" One of the planners asked.

"Should there be a reason for why?" Taehyung asked as he looked at the person who asked.

"Well.. no, but -"

"It just reminds me of the sunrise from when I was a kid in my old village," the warlock was quick to explain. "...when the sun would peak through the trees"

"Oh…" the planner nodded. "I see, beautiful colour choice then -"

"I would also like to ask.." Jeongguk started timidly. "..is there anything stopping us from having the wedding at the location of my old village by the riverside? If it's not too much to ask, "

"Isn't that a long journey?" The planner questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, I just thought since having it in the castle may cause people to be squeezed together in a small space, and I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable…" Jeongguk looked at his lover "But if we can't, then it's okay." He sat back down before looking back at the fabric.

The planner looked at the king, who nodded his head, which made the planner sigh.

"If we go a few days early and set up, we can do the ceremony in the early hours of the morning." He took a breath. "If you come a day early with the village and sleep one night there, then in the evening of the day everyone comes back to the castle and you two continue the celebration, fair?"

Jeongguk looked up. "Perfectly!" He smiled. "Thank you so much! It will be worth it, and my eomma will be able to watch.." He gave a sad smile.

Taehyung walked over to him and sat down beside the younger male as he wrapped an arm around him. "Baby, the place you chose is wonderful."