Chapter 57: Answers.

Once the dragon had said that only those who possess magic could understand dragons, Taehyung almost fell to his knees in shock, he couldn't believe it. He was lied to this whole time by his father, making others lie around him. Jeongguk had felt the prince's hand move down against his waist, making him look back at the prince in urgency. He saw how Taehyung was trying to process what was said, almost stumbling back to the entrance where the stairs were.

Jeongguk watched as Taehyung slipped down to sit on the ground and followed to sit in front of him. He took the other's hand with his own and felt it start to shake. Jeongguk looked over the prince quickly before glancing at the dragon.

"Is there anything else you want to mention?" Jeongguk asked as he glared at the dragon.

"There is a lot, young warlock" Kilgharrah looked to the prince who was still processing the information. "You'll need to help him learn.."

"Of course I would" He stood up with his hand still holding the prince's. "I can't leave him behind with the power to just over take him… he'll need to learn to control it" Jeongguk's voice wavered.

"...how do you plan to do that..?" The dragon questioned. "And still keep your promise to me"

"...a promise..?" Taehyung questioned as he looked up at the warlock. "What promise…Gguk?"

"I promise to set him free once you become king," Jeongguk answered. "As long as he promises to not attack the kingdom" He glared at the dragon.

"As you wish, young warlock, I promise" Kilgharrah bowed his head.

"If you back out from your promise…" Taehyung finally stood back up from where he was sitting. "I won't hesitate to slay you myself"

"There will be no need for that, your highness, Jeongguk here has control over me" He looked to the warlock. "Isn't that right, Dragonlord?"

"Of course it is, you know that" Jeongguk gritted through his teeth as his eyes started to glow gold from his anger.

"Calm that fire within, young king" Kilgharrah looked to the prince who looked back to the warlock. "...I know you can make him calm again"

"What if I don't want to?" Taehyung asked as he secretly took the warlock's hand as a way to calm him. "...what if I want him to get angry and do something?"

"You wouldn't.."

"Don't threaten him, hyungie.." Jeongguk muttered as he took a breath to calm himself.

"But it's fun too," Taehyung smiled. Jeongguk rolled his eyes.

"...Anyway…Kilgharrah…is there anything I should know before I help Taehyung study?" Jeongguk asked.

"Nothing big, just have him study the way you did," Kilgharrah nodded. "I must go now, Taehyung you'll need to address your kingdom"

"I will," Taehyung nodded with a sigh.

"Hey! Wait, I have more questions!" Jeongguk shouted to the dragon, but he just opened his wings and started to fly off his rock perch.

Jeongguk tsked between his teeth before hearing the dragon say. "Young warlock, you must keep in mind that something extraordinary will happen after your wedding night, not the next day nor the next week but sometime after that"

"What…?" Jeongguk questioned. "...After my wedding night…?" He looked to Taehyung who only shrugged not knowing what the dragon meant by 'after the wedding night'.

"I wouldn't have the faintest idea" Taehyung shook his head and sighed.

"It properly doesn't matter… '' Jeongguk looked away before looking back at the prince. "Now let's head back, we need to start your study"

Jeongguk turned to start to walk back up the stairs with his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance from the dragon's words.

"Like.. right now?" Taehyung questioned. "Why can't we start tomorrow? I just found out a lot…and" He sighed.

"And.. you need time…" Jeongguk stopped in his tracks. "... you're right.. you did just find out a lot about this and you need time to let it sink in" He nodded.

"I'm sorry…"

Taehyung looked at the warlock. "What? Why are you apologizing?" He stepped forward to cup the warlock's cheeks.

"I just… I'm not used to another person who can use magic, Namjoon doesn't count he's not like me, he was born with it-"

"Neither was I," Taehyung interrupts.

"But you were saved with it when you were a baby so it counts" Jeongguk looks into Taehyung's eyes. "My point is… I'm acting horrible, you're not used to it happening to you, around you? yes, because of me, but to you?" He took a breath and was about to continue.

"You aren't acting horrible, you're just annoyed by Kilgharrah right now…" Taehyung gave Jeongguk a small smile. "And yes, I'm not used to it happening from me, but around me" He placed a kiss on the younger's nose.

"We can start studying another day"

"Not tomorrow?" Taehyung questioned. "Not that I'm not happy about it, but why?"

"You still need time," Jeongguk smiles. "Plus you need some rest from …well… what happened last night" He took the prince's hands in his own and off his cheeks.

"But, I'll be very hard on you once we start, okay?" Jeongguk warned.

"Of course, I wouldn't think you'd go easy," Taehyung chuckled. "I can handle it, I've been through worse"

"..worse? How so?" Jeongguk asked as he looked over the prince's body for any scarring.

Taehyung laughed a bit before shaking his head and taking the younger's hands in his own, holding them before letting one go and dragging the warlock back up the stairs.

"All the training I've done, you know, with swords, bow and arrows… rocks" Taehyung trailed slowly off.

"Rocks?? Please don't tell me you broke something" Jeongguk pouted as he still followed along after the prince.

"I might've…" Taehyung shrugged before looking back at his lover. "...though I forget" he stopped for a second.

"Taehyungie" Jeongguk sighed. "At least the studying we will have to do won't involve combat"

"It doesn't? But what about you?" Taehyung questioned as they stopped in the prison.

"That was out of my control" The warlock replied and squeezed the prince's hand. "You know that"

"Of course I do," Taehyung nodded. "But can I test a few spells on someone?" He asked.

"Only a few and only on me" Jeongguk compromised.

"I don't want to hurt you though" Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"Then pick ones that won't do any harm" Jeongguk smiled and started to walk back out of the prison with the prince's hand still in his.

"I'll need to read the book you have"

"I'll let you," Jeongguk nodded and soon pouted.

"What?" Taehyung asked.

"I just suddenly felt drained again, tired," Jeongguk groaned. "I guess the anger and adrenaline from arguing with Kilgharrah went away…" He placed a hand over his face and sighed.

"Awe, my sleepy baby," Taehyung teased. "How about we take a nap once we get back to my quarters?"

"Not until you tell your kingdom about your father," Jeongguk reminded softly.

"Right.." Taehyung nodded. "Yeah.." He sighed.

"I'll do it soon"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, I hope you guys like this chapter!

It's kinda filler kinda not in a way.
I didn't know what else to do for this chapter.
Hopefully I'll have some more ideas next week as I've officially finished my exams for this year.

I purple you 💜💜💜