Chapter 64: Hand in Hand, Heart to Heart.

The day was cooler than normal for a summer day; it had been a year since Taehyung and Jeongguk first trained with their magic, and they would practice when they could. The warlock was busy doing a few jobs for Namjoon; delivering potions to people around the castle and a few around the village just outside the castle grounds.

A few of the children were running around just as the warlock was finishing his last delivery and about to head back into the castle to see what his lover was up to. But stopped and watched the children play tag and run around on the grass close to where the knights would train, but not too close where they would be in the way. Their giggles were loud, and their smiles were huge; it looked like their cheeks would hurt later on from all the smiling going on.

Jeongguk couldn't help but smile at their antics and watch with glee. The children looked to be having fun, and the warlock felt his heart flutter from their smiles.

"Mr!" A child called out as soon as he noticed Jeongguk watching them.

"O..oh me?" He looked around as he pointed to himself before looking back to the children.

The children ran up to him with giggles erupting from their lips. "Mr., can you please play with us!"

Jeongguk looked at the child for a second and thought to him about it; it wouldn't hurt to play with the children either and he doesn't need to be in the castle just yet as Taehyung is in a few meetings. So, with a smile that resembled a bunny, he nodded.

"Sure, what are we playing?" He asked as he squatted down to their eye level.

"We are playing tag!" A little boy shouted. "And..." He had a mischievous little grin on his face. "You're it!" He tapped the warlock's arm before running off.

Jeongguk gasped in fake surprise before running after the children in the small grassy area of the currently unused training area. The moment was heartwarming watching as the children were running away giggling while Jeongguk ran after them while laughing; every now and then he would pretend to miss them and land on the ground before faking a whine with a big smile before getting back up and chasing after the children again.

"You can't get us!" The children sang as they ran with a giggle.

"Ah! You may be right, but I can try!" Jeongguk joked as he approached the small group of children before zoning in on one boy and lightly tapping his shoulder.

"You're it!" Jeongguk exclaimed as he slumped back to the ground.

The little boy gasped. "Oh no!" Then he turned to the older male. "I'll get my revenge!" He exclaimed as he ran towards the male before tackling him to the ground.

"What-" Jeongguk groaned as he was pushed to the ground with the little boy sitting on his stomach. "Oof-"

"You're it!" The boy giggled.

"Really? Again, " Jeongguk started to tickle the little boy with a smile, making the boy let out giggles. The warlock sat up and let the boy fall into his lap as he continued to tickle the boy more.

"Stop!" The boy exclaimed with high-pitched giggles and tried to pry the warlock hands off him. Jeongguk stopped to let the boy breathe and smiled as he watched the boy catch his breath, making sure he was okay.

The little boy noticed someone behind Jeongguk standing on the stairs that led to the castle. "Uh..Mr.. " He hid into the warlock's chest.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" Jeongguk hummed as he asked.

"The king is watching.."

This made Jeongguk look behind him, and he saw his lover standing there with a smile on his face and fondness in his eyes; the look alone made the warlock blush. Taehyung had been in a few meetings that morning, so he had to wear his cloak that had fur around the neck and was made of red velvet.