Chapter 58: Addressing The People.

Taehyung had been pacing back and forth in his quarters for what felt like an hour. He was trying to figure out a way to address his people about his father's death. It had been close to twelve hours after he had said he'd keep them updated about the situation. He had seen how they were anxious about the situation, he saw how his people weren't focusing on their jobs because of how anxious they were.

Jeongguk was watching his lover wall back and forth. He watched as the other bit his bottom lip in thought and grip his fading red hair between his fingers. The colour had gone from the bright red it was before to a maroon, slowly transitioning to a natural darker brown. He didn't know what the best way was to comfort or even help Taehyung calm down from the stress. He blinked abit in thought as his lips formed a soft pout.

After some time Jeongguk looked back to his lover and looked him up and down before nodding to himself. He figured he could just speak and let the words come from his heart.

"Taehyungie.." He spoke trying to gain the olders attention. He saw Taehyung give him a glance as he walked before looking back at the floor. "...they'll understand"

"What..?" Taehyung had stopped in his steps and moved his hands from his hair. "...what do you mean?"

Jeongguk sighed. "They'll understand that it took you a while to tell them the devastating news… you had a lot to process, both metaphorically and realistically" He stood up from where he sat on the prince's unmade, messy bed and approached him.

"I don't think they would…" Taehyung shook his head softly as he watched the younger male come closer and take his hands.

"They will, they'll just think you needed time to process the death of your father and nothing more" He looked into Taehyung's eyes. "They don't need to know about the magic yet, not when you're not ready to tell"

Taehyung looked at the other. He knew Jeongguk was right. "...you're right..you always are" He let out a heavy breath.

"Good that you know," Jeongguk laughed. "Now, what will you say to them?" He asked as he played with the prince's hands.

"I'm not sure yet…" Taehyung shook his head. "I know that I should be honest with them"

"That you should, yes" The warlock nodded as he pulled the prince to his bed to sit down. "You always are" He then joined Taehyung sitting down.

"I guess I'll just go off the top of my head" He shrugged. "It'll be genuine, unlike how my father addressed mother's death…well so I heard" He muttered abit at the end.

"They love you Taehyungie…" Jeongguk gripped the prince's hand. "But probably not as much as I love you" He tried to lighten the mood abit, earning a soft chuckle from the prince.

"They don't love you as much as me either" Taehyung pulled the warlock's hand up to place a kiss against the back of it.

"I know you'll say the right thing to them…" The younger male reassured the prince. "You always do"

Taehyung went silent for a few seconds. "What if I don't say the right thing this time?"

"Tae-"

"What if I say something that's of ill effect?" Taehyung questioned. He started to spiral. "What if.. I mess up my meaning? What if-"

"What if you say what they want to hear? What if you say something that will comfort them?" Jeongguk spoke in such a way that made Taehyung stop talking; it made him stop thinking, stop stressing, just stop. "You don't know, and you won't, not unless you just do it"

Taehyung let out a sigh. What the warlock said was true. You won't know unless you do it. "You're right, they're my people and they'll understand, both why I waited to announce it and what I'll say" Taehyung stood up and turned to the younger male who was still sitting.