Chapter 6 - First Step Towards a Dream

"Follow Me!" May walked out of the room as Mark waved farewell to the doctor who waved back in response, giving him a full-blown smile.

"See you around boy!" The doctor shouted as Mark left the storage room.

Mark then quickly followed her through the same hallways toward the elevator. He had to catch up to May who walked at a very fast pace forcing Mark to run from time to time. It didn't bother him that much, being used to frequent runs around his town, with the addition of his excitement on reuniting with his demon.

They finally arrived in front of the elevator. May pushed a button to call the elevator then stood for a few minutes till the door opened with Stephen inside.

"Hello there Mark! Nice to see you again! So are you going to your room now?" Stephen smiled as he came out. "And I see you've got your demon with you! That's good!"

Mark smiled back but quickly got back to his serious face when May started speaking.

"I'm going to teach him the basics so he can catch up in class." May did not stare at Stephen instead, she walked right inside the elevator, dragging Mark with him.

"Come on now, May, you're always in a hurry. Let the boy have some break!" Stephen winked at Mark who fought his urge to smile.

"Time is of the essence!" She pushed the button labeled B38 then the elevator door closed with Stephen waving at Mark.

"Be patient with her! She's just on menopause!" The door finally closed and the elevator started moving downwards.

May and Mark kept silent with May showing off an utterly vexed face and her grip tightening on Mark. Mark tried to ignore the pain hoping that she would lose her grip eventually. The elevator door opened again revealing an old large room with craters around the walls which looked like bullet marks.

"Let's go!" May left the elevator with haste, dragging Mark with her. "This place used to be the summoning room but the General decided to construct a more advanced facility within the military school premises on Basement 32. So now we use it as a place to train our skills."

"Uhmmm...are...you...really my Aunt?" Mark asked in hesitation with his head bowed down.

"There's no way a wimp like you could be my nephew!" May responded with arrogance.

"If you are asking about what happened on the Market earlier, that was all just a play. And mind you, your mother isn't aware of it." May walked to the center of the large room while dragging Mark with him.

"In case you want to ask why and how, I will never tell you. There are secrets you need not know of." May now faced Mark, got a digital watch-like device from her pants' pocket then gave it to Mark.

"Here, wear this!" Without delay, Mark quickly strapped the device on his left wrist.

"Good! Now press the center button on its right edge." May commanded, her voice as stern as usual, causing Mark to shake as he obeyed.

Upon pressing the button, his demon quickly dissolved as if suddenly consumed by fire and turned into ashes then its bits were consumed into the screen of the device causing Mark to be shocked in fear.

"Relax kid! The Summoning Assistance Tool, we usually call SAT, just infused the demon into you. While you were in the infirmary, the doctor studied your vitals and we made that watch to be compatible with your statistics. Until now, it continues to measure your demon-summoning capacity and works depending on your skills."

Mark then looked at the screen of the device. It displayed the time in a military format just like a common digital watch.

"As you can see, it looks just like a digital watch but functions as a summoner's tool. It simplifies everything, spell casting, demon infusion, demon recall and does a lot of helpful functions."