Chapter 41 - The Sword Demon and the Lightning Gunner

Back at May and Stephen's fight, Stephen can be seen being thrown toward a wall. May quickly intercepted,  using her right hand to stop Stephen from behind but was pushed a few meters backward, almost hitting the wall behind her.

"Wew! Where they really this strong?" Stephen let off a sigh of relief from having his back being prevented from suffering on what should have been a very strong impact.

"You were just too slow!" May seemingly pissed off, stepped sideward and shot at the twins.

The bullets were blocked by a transparent shield that appears to have been conjured by the girl. The bullets however, instead of dropping, quickly spun as if trying to dig through the invisible barrier.

"Vincent, i think we have to evade this one." The girl giggled while trying to hold the shield she just summoned. Vincent sprung sidewards followed by the girl on the opposite direction just in time before the barrier finally broke.

Vincent then lunged towards May, in an attempt to impale her heart but had to maneuver himself to evade another shot from his target.

Needle-like objects started to rain above May and Stephen forcing the two to jump out of the place to save themselves. Stephen was quickly met by Vincent, forcing him to raise his sword to clash with the boy's attack.

May on the other hand, had to roll and slide to evade a continuous rain of needles from above her while shooting at the girl who had been conjuring the needles. The bullets were simply being blocked by barriers that seemed to have been previously placed by the girl around her. Being busy with evading this time, May can no longer try to manipulate the bullets to dig through the barriers.

"Now try to block this!" Evading another attack, May shot two bullets that she decided to charge with lightning spells. The bullets did successfully break through one of the girl's barriers, forcing the target to slide away from the bullets' direction.

"Wew! That was close! I think I would be needing some help this time!" The girl spoke as she gracefully evade more lightning-charged bullets from May, through what looked like ballet moves. She pressed a SAT device that she wore on her left wrist trying to summon a demon.

"Well I guess I have to be more serious this time." Back at the other fight, Stephen charged himself by what looked like a black aura before suddenly disappearing in plain sight.

Vincent had to compose himself in deep concentration, wary of Stephen's next move. He quickly twisted his body and turned to block an attack that came from behind. The attacker again disappeared then reappeared at random directions around Vincent, almost exhausting the boy who had to block every attack aimed at him from an assailant who is coming at him with an insane speed.

With the last attack, Vincent decided to let off a force, similar to a shockwave that pushed Stephen away. "I hate to use this but I have no other choice." Pissed off, Vincent pressed a button in his SAT device to summon a demon. A shadowy figure appeared just beside Vincent. The creature almost resemble a ghost only, is pitch black, allowing no light to pass through it.

"A wise decision summoning an enenra in your aid. Now I have to think twice in going anywhere near you. Jeez now this is getting more and more troublesome." Stephen mocked standing a couple of meters in front of Vincent.

The girl on the other hand, seemed to be striding playfully, riding what seemed like an armored reptilian horse with both its tail and mane being red in color. It has a steel-like antler protruding its forehead similar to a deer but branching from a single stem.

"Oh how I love riding a kirin. You should try it as well teacher." The girl mocked making her kirin block some bullets with its armored body which seemed to have been reinforced with a magical barrier, evident with the sparks that is produced upon impact with May's lightning-charged bullets.

"No thanks maybe I'll pass." May quickly replied, finally summoning her Quetzalcoatl.

"Woah you finally decided to use that in battle." Stephen blurted in amazement while remaining to stand still, seemingly waiting for something. Vincent isn't moving an inch as well, keeping his sharp stare at Stephen. "I guess you finally recognized the strength of these two as well." Stephen continued as his black aura intensifies making Vincent switching to a more defensive stance.

The battle was continued by the Quetzalcoatl letting off a strong twister affecting even Stephen and Vincent. The girl on the other hand seemed to be unswayed, blocking the twister with another barrier.

"You're really good in protecting yourself eh. But let's see you defend yourself from this!" May ordered the Quetzalcoatl to summon another twister but this time, from below the girl's kirin.

"Oh!" Lucky enough, the kirin's reflexes are quick enough to jump away before the twister can be completely formed.

"Hey!" Stephen decided to move farther away, followed by Vincent and its enenra due to the twister's strong bellows.

"Got you!" Stephen was surprised with the enenra suddenly appearing in front of him upon Vincent's command. His quick reflexes enabled him to quickly escape however, he seemed to appear unnaturally exhausted upon appearing at another spot.

"You mean almost!" Stephen mocked then disappeared clashing swords yet again with Vincent upon his reappearance right in front of the boy. He decided to back away however, upon sensing the enenra's presence getting near Vincent once again.

"Take this!" Stephen made a diagonal slicing move with his sword, shooting a boomerang like black energy that raced towards Vincent.

The boy quickly evaded the incoming black energy then sliced another one that came at him from his side. He ran away yet again to evade another one and blocked yet another close up attack by Stephen. Stephen backed away yet again at the enera's presence then resumed his black energy attack at the boy.

Back at the other battle, the girl alternately block and evade the quetzalcoatl's violent winds and May's charged bullets while still seemingly enjoying herself.

Explosions can be heard from time to time from both the battles, as their attacks hit parts of the facilities which start to be deterred due to the battle's intensity.

Meanwhile, back at Chaz' battle, the gadget expert seemed to be at the edge of his rope. Chaz now touches the ground with his left foot kneeling down, supported by his right hand to keep himself from completely falling flat on the ground. His body is now filled with heavy bruises and deep cuts where several drops of blood continually falls towards the ground.

"That was a really good fight teacher! As much as I would like to stay however, it seems our job here is now over and we are being summoned back. Till next time Mr. Puno!" Chaz' opponent slowly retreats along with a creature that Chaz can no longer make up due to his blurry vision. Chaz catches his breath, seemingly fighting hard for his life. The last sound he heard were voices of familiar soldiers calling out to him, then he finally passed out.

Back at the other battle, exhaustion is now evident on Stephen, May and Vincent. The girl on the other hand, kept her vivacious attitude.

"Oh well, it seems our mission here has been accomplished. HQ is calling us back Vincent! And that was a lot of fun battling both of you! Let's do this again some time!" A puff of smoke suddenly covered both Vincent and the girl. May fired another bullet towards the smoke where the girl was but the bullets simply went through almost hitting Stephen had he not been quick enough to evade.

The smokes where each of the twins stood before finally settled down, showing not a single trace of any of the twins.

"Now what was that about." A confused Stephen can only scratch his head as May head towards the elevator which was miraculously unharmed by the previous battle.

"Well, only one way to find out." The lift quickly opened, making Stephen rush towards the elevator as not to be left behind.

¤¤¤000¤¤¤

I really hope my novel can still keep your interest at this point. Don't worry guys were more than halfway there. And I promise for more exciting chapters ahead.

Please don't forget to vote and leave your comments below.

Next Chapter: Captured